Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Kurra
Community Elder

Me talking to Kurra

So it's been a rather challenging week eh?
R U OK?

No I'm not but I'll be fine. I've just go to pull my head in and bust my gut working to the very best of my ability.

R U using work as an escapism?

Yes I guess I am but it's better than any other alternatives.

What alternatives?

Like losing the plot completely.

Is there any risk of that happening?

No not really. I've reached out to the people that should help me and I've also contacted the people who really will help me and who genuinely care about me.

So have you thought about how you're going to manage your wounded emotions?

Sort of. I've got a bit of work to do to get to thst point.

Is there anyone else or anything else you can think of that will help you rise above this repeated series of incidents?

Well yes and no. I'm not sure I really want to go that way. I always seem to cause trouble. Maybe I'm just a trouble maker.

Shoulder shrug - it's not really that important anyway. I'll be fine. I'm a survivor. I've even got an HD in my Survival unit.
37 REPLIES 37
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Me talking to Kurra

Me talking to @Kurra

Would you call anyone else who was standing up for their rights after being treated unfairly a troublemaker?

my answer would be that you'd have total respect for them if they did it in a dignified way💜😊

You don't seem to be your usual happy self?

No I'm not at the moment but it will pass. It's probably time for me to move on. Yep - run away again. I'm a lost cause. Guess I'll just get forced into retirement I suppose.

You were telling me a couple of weeks ago that you're far too young to retire.

I was obviously just fibbing. I feel 166 tonight. People throw what they don't want in the garbage. Guess that's where I belong.

Hey wait a minute Kurra. That sounds more like old thinking patterns getting the upper hand. Are you really going to throw the towel in so easily?

Hmm..... I'll have to think about that one.
Former-Member
Not applicable

However @Kurra i know this must be massively stressful for you and is calling on all your strength to survive each day. Survival is your priory here, integrity a close second. Putting survival first ensures the highest integrity  💜😊

I think you might be right @Former-Member. Methinks you know me too well.
Guess I'm throwing a pity party.
I'm just being a misery guts and a grumblebum atm. Thanks for caring.
Former-Member
Not applicable

And you have every right to feel like crap right now @Kurra and while you are your old thoughts are running amok while your defences are at their lowest. I think you should vent and scream and get it out and then recharge how ever you do that best. It ok to feel :pile_of_poo: about all the stuff going on for you because it is :pile_of_poo:  I know I don't know you that well but I do know you have dogged determination for doing your best and what is right. You know you inspire me with this and I totally respect you for it. You do so much good on here and in real life too. Keep plodding because you are worth it all and tell your old thoughts to take a hike. 💜😊

Integrity has never been an issue for me. Even in my darkest hours my integrity has always held fast @Former-Member.
I'm just very disappointed in myself allowing Kurra to react in this way and yes, I'm afraid of losing the stability I've had for 20 months.
Former-Member
Not applicable

PS venting on here is as good as any place and it's not feeling self pity. It's just acknowledging that there is some crap going on @Kurra

Yep that's about it in a nutshell @Former-Member but I got told today that it's not going to change. Great support from the workplace eh? If you knew where I work you'd be stunned too.

I'm utterly flabbergasted.

Guess I'd better go and get my uniform sorted and boots polished for tomorrow.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance