Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

Morning everyone ❤

Coffee greatly appreciated, thanks @Maggie. Awful night sleep (or lack of) :face_with_rolling_eyes:

We spent time on the Spotlight website yesterday (everywhere is closed including Spotlight) but didn't get anything. It's hard to buy some crafty things without seeing them, as I imagine you understand. Still thinking and planning for the next projects.

How was your yesterday? Did your plants go in the patch you've been preparing for a while?

@CheerBear  Sorry you had an awful night, no sleep. Not a good start to today. I hope you can get some rest throughout the day. 🙏🏻🙏🏻

Yes, I do understand you need to see crafty stuff in person. Colours, texture, it’s a feely / touchy thing. Ohh and ahh are really important before buying. Planning the next project sounds interesting. 👍👍

How is Rocket Cat. I was thinking of her during the night, as you do.😾😾

Yes, plants are in, and looking good. I tidied the back too, it was messy. I’m getting there. It should look good once they take off.

I get lost in deciding what to try @Maggie. There are so many different designs, fabrics, colours, patterns... Good problem to have though 🙂 I just saw your foils. They're awesome! So sparkly. They look so tiny and fiddly! Have you had a go at any more?

It made me smile to think of you thinking of Rocket last night. Little Rocket is back to her normal self and spent last night with me through my wake ups. In Rocket style, she sat at my head tapping at me to let her under the blankets, then changing her mind as soon as she started going in 😑 She's well known at work as she spends plenty of time walking across my laptop, in front of my camera and launching at my chair while I'm on a video call 🤣 Bringing pets to work and seeing other people's is one of my favourite things about working from home 😊

How does it feel to have the plants in? Im thinking of how I'd feel after so much preparation and patience, and thinking it would feel pretty rewarding.

@CheerBear  Yes indeed, a very good problem to have. 😁😁

There really is so much out there to do.

I played with some foil yesterday, and it’s the glue I think. Getting it as evenly spread. I keep putting the foil upside down, frustrating. 🙃🙃 Its fun though, and quick, once the backgrounds are done.

Ha ha rocket cat. I have the same problem. She gets under the doona, then out again, takes over the pillow, and gives me a gentle, playful  tap. They are so special, they give us their very best. We are lucky. Meeting other pets would feel nice. 🥰🥰

Yep, rewarding for sure. I won’t be doing much today. I’ll read I think.

Hows today looking for you ?

I am picturing the mess and fiddly grrr-ness that would happen with tiny foil and glue @Maggie. I struggle just cling wrapping bowls 🤣 You are awesome to try all of these things!

Our babies are so special and I feel very lucky that they've come in to our life. I think they feel lucky too, given they were all unwanted which breaks my heart to think of. They're so loved here, as I know your baby is. And yours also @Emelia8 👋💜

Hows the pain today? I hope not too bad after yesterday.

Today is dreaded supermarket and finishing the washing. I have a little research to do for work too. I have some beautiful batik squares and am trying to work out what to do with them 🤔

Reading sounds good ❤

Our furbabies are indeed very special @CheerBear @Maggie 🐶🐈

My delightful little Abbie was a discard too. How could anyone not love her, I often wonder? And yeah Abbs is the same with wanting under the doona, then getting too hot and sharing the pillow for a while instead. 

Em 🌸

The glue isn’t as tricky once you know how @CheerBear . I have tiny eyeliner brushes, that kept me occupied last night, as how ladies eyeline eyes. 😂😂👀👀. My nights can be entertaining, but never boring. 😂😂

Oh yes, to our babies. 😾🐶😍I too wonder how they could have ever been unwanted or mistreated. @Emelia8 👋🏻👋🏻

Pain is uncomfortable, that’s why I’ll be reading today. Meds help,  but nothing takes it completely.

Are you physically going to the supermarket today ? I really don’t envy you. But it means some yummy stuff later. Peanut M&Ms. 

I’ll look up batik squares. Not sure what they are.

I saw some resin coasters, with mandalas painted on them, with more sensing on top.👍👍 I might be looking at Penterest today.

@CheerBear  More resin on top...those fairies. 😁😁

@Emelia8  It’s lovely seeing their tiny faces pushing through to get out. We are so lucky. 😾🐶🥰🥰

@Maggie wrote:

@NatureLover  I would never do this in real life. But I wanted to give you the biggest hug. So........here it is. 💕💕

@Maggie , thank you heaps Heart especially as you wouldn't do this in person. And I did giggle at the picture, so thank you for the giggle as well. 🙂

I'm sorry you have bad pain today, and that it's too bad for the painkillers to remove 😞 ...it must make it hard to concentrate on anything? But I hope you enjoy your day of quiet reading if possible. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance