Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Anusari
New Contributor

Need help accessing support in Eastern Suburbs

I'm currently looking for a support group or a support program (schizoaffective disorder) but am really confused about the options available even after hours of reading and researching, trying to understand how the system works. Bureaucratic loops are still such a major trigger for some of my symptoms and I felt like I just needed to ask before it got really bad. So what I'm wanting to know is how do you get involved with a program like some of the ones onedoor offers. I'm not a resident of western Sydney and can't seem to find any in the eastern suburbs. I'm sure there's something I'm missing or doing wrong because it can't be that limiting can it? Anyway just hoping someone here can explain how it usually works or maybe point me to another option more suitable for me.

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Need help accessing support in Eastern Suburbs

Re: Need help accessing support in Eastern Suburbs

Hi there @Anusari , 

Welcome to the forums Heart Unfortunately, we can't recommend specific offline support groups due to our anonymity guideline. The SANE Forums are a large peer support group so please feel free to take a look around the forums, start a new discussion thread or join an existing one to connect with our amazing members Heart I am sure many here will be able to relate to your experience (such as the thread here). 

You can also join in our existing social threads on the social space topic area to talk to others 🌻 💙

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance