Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday - now open: Stepping off the distress seesaw

Rick, well done, but I don't think you need to explain yourself, aside from that , get better soon, please we need ya.

looped one.

sorry i got distracted, and lost my train of thought, i will try and figure out where i am up to lol

The basis of bodywork is that the body stores the emotions of a trauma in each cell/organ.

By working with the body, mind, emotions all together, the stored up trauma is able to be fully released ... some schools of thought talk about the brain no longer storing the response to the intitial trauma - ie, the brain changes.

Just letting everyone know that we got 30 minutes before we close Topic Tuesday so any questions, please direct them to SunnyDaisy now so she can have some time to respond.

And when I've tried that in yoga, it is quite uncomfortable.  Which is not a bad thing!

What I meant by 'finding space' @CherryBomb is similar to moving the grains of sand in the heavy sack that @kenny66 mentioned.

How does each individual find that little bit of space from the difficult experience - just a moment or a small corner inside?

Hi I agree with the roundabout view exept mine seems to have stalled just come from my phyc and he feels I have not progressed for months just not getting any wosre id like even for just one moment a glimps of happiness he says this will come but? Sadness seems to always linger

Want to acknowledge the effort it takes to maintain the struggle ... and the relentlessness of the struggle for some.

It's so important to find some space ... a glimpse of feeling supported, being heard, being distracted from the grind of managing the sack of sand.  Perhaps coming on this Forum is momentary space for some?

@kenny66 , and for everyone else who struggles with self esteem and the roundabout of self-awareness issues and the complexities that brings ...

Just want to say how important it is to link in with community.  I think it's great that you look to find positives in your life @kenny66 , connecting with nature is also a great way to nurture self.

The video posted at the beginning of this Forum mentions in the last few mintues about the importance of belonging and taking care of self - being accepted by even one other person.  Along with that, it explains the concept of trauma well.

Sometimes, we can have repsonses to things a few hours, days or weeks after an event or situation.  The event may not even seem challenging at the time. 

I'd like us all to think about three things that we are going to do in the next week that are supportive of ourselves.

In particular, in the next 24 hours what will you do to nurture, support, connect self?

I'm looking forward to having a really warm shower, tonight. I love feeling warm water on my hair ... it helps me sleep well.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance