Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Leeanne
Senior Contributor

Stressing out

I live by myself and I found out to by email that my rent is going up $80 a week. That is ridiculous I can't afford high don't know what I'm going to do. I may have to give Up my unit ☹️☹️

66 REPLIES 66

Stressing out

Feel in very low have no energy worried about alot of things especially my rent going up 

Re: Stressing out

Hugs @Leeanne . Have you looked into any government rebates or supports to help you financially?

I know there's talk about freezing rent amounts etc.

I hear a certain level of anxiety, stress, and depression in your post. We are here to support you emotionally and walk with you.

Sitting with you, 

tyme

I feel every depressed not hungry worried about my rent

I hear you @Leeanne .

Sitting with you, tyme

oh @Leanne I'm so sorry. The whole rental system is so awful right now, I know it's not a help right now, but you're not alone in this ❤️  It sounds like you're really uncertain about what's going to happen and that's scary. 

I did a quick search for some resources to help, once you feel up to it. I found the Tas Tenants Union which could help. Here is their website

It's not fair that this is happening ❤️ 

Hey @Leeanne, really sorry to hear this, what a horrendous situation. I've been pushed to financial limits (along with my loved one). That anxiety...I can't even.

Hopefully some of @TuxedoCat's links can help you.

@tired_sisyphus 

Hope so . Don't feel hungry have had anything to eat the last 2 days

Can you get a flatmare to share. Put a makeshift bed in the lounge room. These are tough times that are only going to get tougher. Share accommodation. 

@Leeanneplease do drop by whenever you feel up to it, let us know how you're doing.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance