Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My Mosaic

Hey @Bow ,

Is there anything we can support you with? I read that you do not feel the best at the moment. 

Hugs

Bow
Senior Contributor

No doesn’t matter
Just gonna take some extra prn and go to sleep I thi k

Oh @Bow ,

You do matter hun. 

We are here for you.

Good morning @Bow 

Hoping you got some sleep last night and today looks a little brighter.

Have you got any plans for today with D or just a quiet one at home?

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

@Bow ach sorry for disappearing on you - I have changed my hours yes, finishing earlier on Wednesdays now. 

I'm sorry last night was so tough, I hope today has been easier for you hun 🫂

More lego today I hope? Sounds like quite the undertaking! I legit feel like sorting into colour/size/shape would be its own satisfying task tho? Lol 

Bow
Senior Contributor

Argh just woke from a nap @Jynx I rarely have them, but it was muchly called for today I think. Yesterday arvo/ evening was shit. Today hasn’t been much better and was up and out the door early this morning. Had to get one of the cars serviced in prep for selling it. Now need to get mine done. D and I wandered the shops and had a cuppa while we waited for the car to be finished. 

I had one of my meds changed from immediate release to slow release…. In the hope that it would help keep me asleep overnight instead of all the waking. It’s only been a few days but the change has not been good. I’m sleepy and sluggish all day. I also stopped anther new meds cause of the weight gain- haven’t mentioned that one to anyone yet. 

more Lego today probably. It really is the task, searching for pieces. But it’s finally starting to take shape! But then @Jynx I gotta find somewhere to put it!! 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤔

howsyour day????

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

@Bow yay for getting to nap! I don't nap often either, mainly cos it seems that if I go into it with the intention of falling asleep, my brain will be like 'lol ok whatevs I'm gonna speed up your thoughts instead' 🙃 So getting a nap in can be a bit of a treat sometimes haha. Especially after a big day like yours, running around doing car stuff!! 

Oh wow, yeah sounds like the meds changes are creating quite a bit of havoc in your routine! How long do you think before they settle and you are used to them? Has there been benefits or just icky side effects? I hope things smooth out for you soon! And as for stopping new meds cos of weight gain - I think it makes sense to consider that particular side effect as one you cannot just 'deal with'. What's the point of treating one facet of your mental health if it's just going to exacerbate another? I hope your prescribing doc (your pdoc I'm guessing) can be understanding of that, and help you find another option. 

Haha true! We all need lego display shelves ahaha. Maybe you could get a little pedestal or something from fb marketplace? 

My day is okay so far, had a chat to a friend and then also had too many coffees haha. Now just rugging up against this cold that has truly started to settle in!

Bow
Senior Contributor

Yeah I don’t nap very often. But my head wasn’t very ok and I took a couple extra prn and well then, but ended up napping. Oh well. D was at her fathers so zero guilt @Jynx 

I think things felt better before the last change. Immediate release of my meds. So what if I wake a few times during the night. Nightmares shall remain. I’m not ever gonna have perfect sleep. I’ve basically accepted that. But guess my new pdoc is wanting to attack from all areas. My old pdoc was very hesitant to do anything. 
significant weight gain is just not something I’m willing to just deal with. Sorry pdoc. 

im still tired tonight. Had something light for dinner and I’m so blinking thirsty. It’s like never ending thirst. Sent my sW this long ass text about yesterday and last night and how utterly crummy it all was. 

lego…. I’m gonna have to move things around. Move my book collection. That will make room for my new Disney castle…. Once I eventually finish it. 

tomorrow I have an appointment with my CM and then SW is doing a home visit. 

also need to pop into a shop and get some frames for my travel memory boxes I’m selling. I played with the jigsaw today and manage to cut a fairly straight line in some scrap wood. 

too many coffees….. I have too many energy drinks. .. I wish I drank coffee.  And yes, the weather is much cooler today. Jacket on here today and rugged up. 

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

@Bow you reckon you will communicate that to your pdoc? That weight gain is not a side-effect that is safe for you to have to deal with? 

Glad you got some stuff off your chest to your SW! Does she usually reply to your texts? 

Haha I just had a mental image of you tearing out a bookshelf, throwing away a bunch of stuff, all super dramatically, just so you can make room for the castle 🤣 As well you should haha

Oh wow new art project? That sounds cool! 

Lol yep energy drinks and coffee... gotta love juice makes brain go fast 😝

Bow
Senior Contributor

Yeah think I will let him know that about the medication changes. @Jynx  I know stopping the other med is probably not helping either. But it’s just not worth it unfortunately. Maybe he will have other options for my sleep. Perhaps he can arrange for someone to come just knock me out each night yeah? Sigh

yeah she replies. And then I let her know when we were back home after the car service and she called me. We didn’t talk too long. But she remembered how triggering good blood results are for me. 

Oh my book shelves have treasures possessions on them! I could move a few plants around. I’be got Lego, pop vinyls, plants, a book collection and other Disney merchandise. I’ll find something to do with it all. 

new project? The travel memory boxes. I grabbed some big shadow boxes and had a friends hubby cut a big cut in the top so that you can put all your travel tickets and memorabilia in it and I painted a world map on it. Already got a friend after them. So practiced doing the big cut .

everyone grrrrs me when I tell them

i drink V. I get the look. But I don’t care. It’s my coffee. I’d have it via an IV if I could. And I drink sugar free!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance