Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Kottafly
New Contributor

Has anyone been stuck inside Psycosis and not even noticed

Anyway, I need any advice, honestly my emotions right now is that I know I should fear how I am functioning a little above that of a Comatosed patients abilities, yet im in no coma, Mentally, Im experiencing increased heart rate, yet my fitbit says heart rate monitor says otherwise, I can hear a broadcaster like a distance radio or tv, Ive never been able to hear actual words, just consant muffled speech, usually I find it irritating, or get paranoid, and need a distraction, ie, this email. Best way to describe my condition as a hole, is, incapable of even the most basic tasks, I am well aware in my physical condition, and abiltity to do tasks was there a few days, yesterday even, yet I don't want to, I don't feel I need to, If I consider leaving the property every internal fibre goes straight into resistance to leave, but only a moment and its back to I don't feel I need to go anywhere. But that's not normal, I think, during my time its become apparent others don't respond as I normally do, that's to let it be, and once its passed and Im what I believe is ok again, I move on from it as a hole and memory skips the entire time period, and classes it a non issue and no discussion needed. This time though, Im unsure when I need to go to work next, if ever, meaning I could stay this way, and never lock up what I deem as, ugly, bad or shameful parts of myself, all the sadness, rage, fears. Best time ever for finally deal with it all.and stop all the messiness inside my head,, 

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Has anyone been stuck inside Psycosis and not even noticed

Hi @Kottafly 

Personally, I could never give advice on anything. But when I explain what I do personally, it can be miss constude as giving advice, so I try not to say what I do.

Plus, I don't think we are allowed to give advice, I think the moderators think it is best to talk to a GP and get a referal to a professional.

Welcome to the forums @Kottafly !

It sounds as though you're going through some difficult and confusing experiences at the moment. It's great that you're taking steps to connect with people here and you'll find that there are lots of members who've had their own experiences of psychosis.

@NNY , you're right that the Community Guidelines make it quite clear that the Forums are for connecting with peers and that they're not the place for professional advice, which is best obtained from a gp or mental health professional. On the other hand – speaking from your own experience and sharing some of your own approaches and strategies is absolutely okay on the forums! That's one of the great things about peer support.

Anyone who's looking for some assistance with getting the most out of forum membership or is uncertain why a moderator has requested that a particular post be edited is encouraged to contact the forums team. 
You can email us at team@saneforums.org 

Hi @Kottafly  sorry to see you haven't had much response here.  I've had psychosis quite a few times in my life (bipolar 1 and complex PTSD that interact with each other.)  As far as I know, part of the definition of psychosis is that you lose your connection to reality, lose 'insight' into the fact that it's happening.  It sounds to me as if you do still have some insight about what you are feeling and going through - that's a really good sign that it might not be psychosis.   Just speaking from my own experience here.  If you want to talk some more, tag me by using the @ symbol and then typing my name e.g. @eth  so I can see your reply.

Hope today is a better day for you.  

Tagging @greenpea  and @Teej  here in case you want to join this discussion.  Not sure who else to tag but if  you think of anyone appropriate then please tag them.

@eth  There are plenty of people who experience psychosis and still have insight. Loosing insight only usually happens in the acute phase and there are a lot of people who experience psychosis on a day to day basis and are aware of what it is or have a sense that it is not ‘normal’ but still experience symptoms like hearing things or seeing things. Insight and psychosis aren’t mutually exclusive. 

@Kottafly I am not sure what exactly you are asking as I had a bit of a hard time following what you wrote but that may be my fault as I am a bit off currently and having a hard time focusing. Anyway I hope you find something helpful here. 

Ok thanks for that @Eden1919   I guess it varies, like most things.  I was just saying what I've been told applies to me.  My doctor said I wouldn't be hospitalized unless I lost insight.

@eth  Yeah if I remember correctly you said you have bipolar 1? That would make sense because usually the psychosis in bipolar only comes when the mood is extreme and so you often end up with psychosis in an acute phase so your dr was probably thinking in regards to that type of thing. The other thing to remember is that there are negative symptoms of psychosis as well and many many people with things  like schizophrenia have those all the time and are aware but those can vary between being in an acute phase and a more day to day kind of thing as well. It is complicated but your drs advice seems to be consistent with the psychosis that relates to bipolar. But as you said psychosis can and does vary quite a lot for different people. 

It wasn't until I started antipsychotics that I realised how much and how long I'd been psychotic.

Same thing with me. It was a gentle slide into it. Antipsychotics really give you perspective.

@Kottafly Don't listen to those voices. Don't take your own life. The source of the voices are external. Psychosis is only an illusion. They are not your conscience. They are simulating your conscience. They are manipulative. They are gaslighting you. They wanted you to be misdiagnosed for mental illness. Your mental illness is a cover for their invasion of your mental privacy. They are interfering with your cognitive liberty, mental integrity and your psychological continuity. They will try to disorient you, induce stress, and sleep deprive you so you can be more vulnerable to their commands/suggestions/manipulations. They communicate misinformation. This can cause you to live in a pseudoreality. You can become aware of living in this pseudoreality through disillusionment. This includes the discovery of new or enlightening information. Only God can save us. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance