Skip to main content
TAB
Senior Contributor

Re: Tabaluga's

hope so @Meowmy  thanks

TAB
Senior Contributor

I  have been forgetting to get a mask for years now @SmilingGecko  def use earplugs when sleep

I had an eye cover, tried it once and woke up after a good nights sleep in a panic because everything was pitch black @TAB. It can be jarring as you are not accustomed to it. Here are some things about reducing stimili. Its meant to curb emotional reactivity and give emotional control plus improve problem solving abilities. Its a mini version of a flotation tank that was developed by a psychologist in the 1950's. Have heard of people getting sick in flotation tanks recently for some reason, they are not adequately cleaned or something. Saw folk on facebook doing floatation tanks.

Screenshot 2024-08-23 at 9.16.23 am.pngScreenshot 2024-08-23 at 9.17.40 am.png

enjoy the holiday weekend and birthday party. @StuF 😎😀

TAB
Senior Contributor

ok fair enough @SmilingGecko  think theres lots of light in my bedroom

Yeah thats kind of what happened to me I didn't quite like it but it may suit other people or may take a while getting accustomed to thats all @TAB I guess I better get going. Have you received your rates yet? Mine arrived yesterday. 

TAB
Senior Contributor

ha , yeah I forgot re rates , got yest, was only wondering when were coming @SmilingGecko I know i dont pay $300/wk rent anymore but still hurts when get bill for $440 every 3 months.. 

@TAB I've bypassed it a sneaky way with the council, paying the first quarter upfront which is due at the end of september then paying fortnightly cutting each instalment into 1/4's payable every disability pension payday.

So I pay the first month upfront as its due by the end of next month

Then cut the rest of the instalments into 1/4s payable each pension day

I've done it this way for the past 20 years and the council never complained and never had a sheriff at my door from the council. They are too busy chasing people who can't pay their rates

I used to do Bpay or just pay it on the council website every fortnight EASY

They never rang me up or told me to do otherwise. They got their money paid. You could try what i've done. They mention on the rates notice they only want it paid quarterly but i paid it every fortnight even though this option was not specified and it seemed to work for me lol

TAB
Senior Contributor

hmm , not sure , guess could work here @SmilingGecko  my council has an option not to pay rates at all then you have to pay back rates after you die and sell house lol

Thats funny @TAB never heard of that. I just streamlined it more in tune with my budget it seemed to work ok all these years, don't know if its a good suggestion or not for your council rates but when you have insufficient funds like I did thats what I elected to do. Dont want to give bad advice but they never queried it with me and never got a letter back saying rates were overdue or anything. I just stuck the rates notice on my fridge and ticked off every small amount I paid every fortnight. I must have paid $36,000 in rates in total over the years I've been here. Slowly but surely!