Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Far and Away

I hope you got the art space cleaned up okay for the visitors coming @Faith-and-Hope 

If questions are raised then so be it - just go with the flow, do what you have to do and get through the visit. It may even become obvious to them that Mr. is not toeing the line and that you are trying to keep everyone going despite the obvious obstacles. I hope it is a pleasant visit for all of you - you don't need any extra pressure aside from that that you already have on you Hon. Very much thinking of you this afternoon and hoping it all goes okay for you Heart

Thanks @Zoe7 .

I did get the art space cleaned up.  I hired e of the carers who I had interviewed, not as a carer, but to do the cleaning for a bit of extra money.  It gave me more chance to get to know her, and I am confident  about hiring her on-call if our regular carer can’t make it.

The visitors are lovely people, but if they do become concerned about mr.’s behaviour, they will mention it to his estranged father ..... which is not actually my problem anyway.  It’s more likely that they will express concern to me, and I don’t want to discuss it with them because it will complicate our situation .... but I am trusting that I will work out what to do in the moment.  And I am not adverse to saying that he has gone a bit overboard with his commitment to diet and exercise (understatement of the year), but he can work that out with his doctor.   If they persist, as others have, I can simply say that J have expressed concern, but he is not prepared to listen to me, and he is a grown up, so I can’t tell him what to do.  And there is a lot of truth in all of that.

So much truth in all that @Faith-and-Hope  You can only do what you can and I know you will be as diplomatic but also straight forward as you usually are if it does come up. I do hope that it doesn't for your sake as you are right there is nothing more you can do about it yourself.

It is great that you have a back-up carer and that they helped out with the cleaning of the art space - that would have helped you get everything sorted without too much added stress.

How are classes going? Did Visual make it today?

Visual got derailed this morning by Mr. sending her business paperwork to be signed first thing, and scanned back to him .... but it is business paperwork that will help to resolve our housing situation in the west, so while there is a silver lining, the timing was totally crap for her.  She missed this morning’s class, but we are doing the same subjects (at different times) so I had that class this afternoon and can fill her in.  

She got to her afternoon class 🎉

S2 also missed class this morning cos his enrolment details have not been fully registered, and he didn’t want to have to deal with the “who are you and why are you not on my class list”, but that’s okay too. It’s week one, and they are bright kids .... I’m not stressed about it and hope they aren’t either.

@Zoe7 

You are such a wonderful role model for them Hon and show them every day what can be achieved - I am sure a lot of that has rubbed off on them and they will find their feet @Faith-and-Hope 

I understand S2 not wanting to have to deal with those questions - hoping the enrolment gets finalised very soon and he can begin classes without those extra questions being asked.

It is great that Visual got to uni later - she could quite have easily written off the day but she made it - that is progress Smiley Very Happy

It is also great that she has the same class as you at a different time so you can compare notes - and you can fill her in if she misses a class as she did today.

Keep doing what you are doing Hon - the kids are lucky to have you in their corner - pushing them a little but not too far - they will find their feet Smiley Very Happy

Thank you @Zoe7 .... I hope so and it’s lovely that you can see it too.

You know I think you are a wonderful mum and an even better person @Faith-and-Hope - neither of those are in dispute Hon Heart

You are so good to me @Zoe7 .  When I count my blessings you are amongst them.  I was really at the end of my wits when I found the forums, and here you were ❣️

The feeling is so mutual Hon - and I still take you with me every day wherever I go - that way you are close to me and help carry me through the day @Faith-and-Hope  💜💛🧡💚💙💐🌹🌷💕

I hope your evening is not too hectic @Faith-and-Hope  I need to head to bed but wanted to say goodnight to you first. Will catch up with you tomorrow. Goodnight my angel Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance