Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Mama_Bear
Casual Contributor

Spiralling

I don't know where to start this post or what to say. I feel like I'm losing control. My mental health is up and down (I have depression and anxiety) normally and up until two days ago I was in a pretty good space. Two days ago I thought I was going to be successful in getting my dream job. I wasn't. Now my fiance has lost his job. I have no idea what we are going to do, I work but only 15h P/W and we have a mortgage and two kids. Everything seemed to be going so well for us and now we are back at square one. I have how tobget through this without falling apart. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Spiralling

It seems like things are really tough for you right now @Mama_Bear and you are struggling with a lot of different things. Have you approached Centrelink for some help? It is not a nice position to be in at all - financial stress can weigh you down a lot.

Here and listening @Mama_Bear Smiley Happy

We have contacted Centrelink but there is a long wait to be able to receive payments. It's very difficult to work out what to do next. We spent most of today crying about it all.

That is such a touogh spot to be in @Mama_Bear - can you see the bank to work out a way forward until you can get anything from Centrelink?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance