Skip to main content

Re: Life can be a Pain

@Owlunar hello mamma bear. Good luck with your dental procedure on Thursday. Hope you have a good night.

hey @Owlunar surgery is a scary time esp when relating to one of our biggest fear areas. im glad they are trying to work out some options to make it as smooth and as least anxiety provoking as possible for you.

will you have support at home while your recovering? if not could the hospital bring in a community nurse or support worker to give you a helping hand for a couple of days and to provide some social support? surgery can be isolating too

im glad to see you doing your other activities though for now. do you find keeping busy helps you to cope with the anxiety?

Name evolution my friend @Owlunar

A flying ham is a rare thing

I'm still Hams. Just flying in life now

@Owlunar 

Thinking of you for your dental surgery tomorrow. Hoping everything goes smoothly for you. Please try to get a good sleep tonight and let us know as soon as you can how it all went.

Much love to you Mumma Bear

Meggle

@Owlunar hey mumma bear. Good luck with dental procedure tomorrow. Take care

Hi @Meowmy @Oaktree @outlander @MDT @Zoe7 @Appleblossom @Shaz51 

Thanks everyone for your support and messages - etc.

I am okay - just taking it very easy atm - and I know everything will be okay tomorrow. I have done everything I set out to do to make sure everything went smoothly

All the best everything

Back soon

Mumma Bear

Owlunar

Sending strength and wishing the best of luck for the dental op. @Owlunar It will be worth it get it all sorted.

I am going out 3 nights this week and next.  Busy Bea ver Me!

Hi @Appleblossom @Meowmy @Oaktree @outlander @MDT @Zoe7 

@TAB @Faith-and-Hope @EternalFlower @tonys @ClockFace 

Yes - it's me - feeling at last I can come back to the land of the living after all the stress of having dental surgery under a GA - wow! I can be proud of myself for doing all this.

But at a physical cost - I have been exhausted. It was more painful than I expected - I didn't really think about how I would feel after the event - facing down PTSD is quite an exercise and I am no spring chicken. I have felt whacked out and eating mushy food is not meant to sustain anyone well - I really thought I would be up to cooking something for myself but no - I have not - still - I have bought all the Strawberry Up-and-Go from the Foodworks, drunk plenty of soup with lots of pasta and diced pears - and bitznpiecez - 

And this morning I was up to ordering groceries online and will make something a bit more nourishing. The main idea is not to stress about stuff and survive - somehow - and I have.

The hospital stuff went well - I had an IV premed. which helped with the stress - I wasn't scared or anxious - I just had to let my demons from the past have their say as they must sometimes - they were very kind and understanding - I was in overnight and I am glad I did stay in - and I was glad to be alone at home in spite of feeling so tired and washed out - home is the best place - right? Right!

I was astounded with the people who drove me to and from the hospital - I have lived in this city for 80 years and I thought about it since - someone could dump me anywhere in Greater Melbourne and all being well I could find my way home. My drivers didn't know where we were going or want to trust my directions - was this ageism or what? I felt frustrated - I had to speak my mind. I had to take charge - and at least - on the way in I didn't think much about the operation - on the way home I was annoyed. I did report this to my agency. Wow - do some people think we were always old and therefore know nothing? It felt insulting. !🤔

Still - although I didn't feel up to writing I have been reading - other people have been having a tough time - and I hear you - hopefully I can get around to replying - I do care about everyone - we have to put ourselves first though - I am big into self-care and hope other people can do the same. 

And thanks for your support and messages - it was great to know people cared - and we can last things out when there are people who have us in their thoughts.

All the best

Mumma Bear

Owlunar

Well Done @Owlunar  food doesnt sound like much fun, hope things get better soon. Friend in 50s had all their teeth out a while ago. I couldnt imagine. now they have mouthful of implants , stopped smoking and look like a model lol