Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Let`s talk about Bipolar

sending you lots of hugs my scotirish sister @Mazarita HeartHeart

hello @frog@Appleblossom@bipolarbunny , @Former-Member , @Olga@eth@HenryX@Sophie1@rivergal 

how is everyone tonight xx

mr shaz had his 3 monthly checkup yesterday with the MI  doctor and wanted me with him as usual 

he did not say anything but he was ok 

Hi @frog @Appleblossom , 

I agree completely about the meds too. I seem to have settled on an antipsychotic. AntiDs spike me straight into mania and the mood stabiliser I was tried on sent me frightening close to psychosis territory even though I'd been on it years ago with no issues, so I've accepted that what I have now is the best it can be at the moment. 
My therapist has been a godsend for me too, I don't know what I would do without him. 

@Mazarita So sorry you are still struggling Maz, hope you feel better soon xx

@Shaz51 I'm glad Mr Shaz got through his checkup okay.  How are you holding up?

I'm stressed out still over this NDIS review. I started typing up my disability impact statement last night to go with My therapist's letter. It's triggered old feelings and I just feel really flat. I was going to do more tonight, but I think I need a break. 

Hope everyone has a great night. xx

BB 🐰💙

i am ok @bipolarbunny  thank you for asking 

when we are in with the doctor mr shaz does not say much at all 

and in my mind i like to say things but i don`t 

Wondering if this is the right thing to do or not ??

and also i dont want to upset mr shaz ??

hope that makes sense 

@bipolarbunny@frog@Mazarita@Appleblossom , @Former-Member 

@Shaz51  Yeah that's a difficult position to be in Shazzy. 
I personally don't think there's anything wrong with you saying things or asking things of the doctor. You're trying to understand and help Mr Shaz. And by asking the questions in front of him it's all out in the open. 
If I had a partner who cared for me I would much prefer them to interact with the doctor in front of me, rather than behind my back. 
It may well be Mr Shaz is so overwhelmed he is not sure what to say. So by being his voice you may actually help him to open up a little more. It will also show him your concern for him. 
Sometimes a little upset gets thing moving in the right direction. xx

BB 🐰💙

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @bipolarbunny  thanks for asking, so tired, think it maybe due to reducing the sert. Always shows up in my eyes when not right....I look like *#'!  Don't want to go see the GP she wouldn't like what I've done and will just suggest me getting referred back to the clinic for more meds!  Feel so guilty for feeling down when my family is struggling with the break up. Trying to help out however we can. ❤️

@Former-Member Your feelings are real and valid my friend, you can only do what you can do, don't dismiss the impact it's having on you too. You need to look after your self also. xx

BB 🐰💙

Former-Member
Not applicable

If Mr Shaz doesn't explain himself it could be very difficult for the psychiatrist to treat him or advice the right support that maybe of help for him @Shaz51 it must put you in a difficult position too, I hope my hubby would speak up for me if I couldn't remember what I wanted to say. Take care Shaz 🌸💐

Former-Member
Not applicable

Sorry to open up @bipolarbunny  i didn't realise until after I posted that you too were feeling flat and stressed with the NDIS and your mum. X

Hello @HenryX  thank you for your supports. I hope you are well and are managing to get through your list of things to do. Take care 🌸💙

Hi @frog thanks for your well wishes. Great to hear that you have a genuine partnership with your psychiatrist and that they recognise that you are the expert on you. I have been seeing this TDoc abbreviation around the forum but do not know what it means. Telehealth?

Hi @Shaz51, scotirish sister. I agree that it may be very helpful for you to speak for Mr Shaz if he clams up. If he doesn't like what you say, it might prompt him to speak! I agree with @Former-Member that Mr Shaz's silence must make it almost impossible for the psychiatrist to treat or advise him. That may well mean he is not the care that may be most helpful to him.

Hi @bipolarbunny getting there with recovery though I think I may need to sleep upright in the armchair again tonight. My head is still too painful to put its weight on a pillow. This too shall pass. Sorry to hear about your stress and flatness about the NDIS review. It's understandable. Wise move to take a break for a while.

Hi to all reading. Heart

@Former-Member No apology needed my friend but thank you. It's been a crazy busy couple of days. So it's been good to get here on the forums and catch up with how everyone is doing. 
My mum had a cancer cut off her foot yesterday and hasn't been able to walk so I've been waiting on her hand and foot. I went for a run today which helped with the stress. Thought of some things I want to put in my review letter, but just too tired tonight so they can wait till tomorrow.

I have till Monday week, my next therapy session Jeff is going to help me put it all together with his letter, the letter from my psychiatrist and the formal review form. Then I'll take it straight to the NDIS office and then it will be the waiting for a decision which is by far the worst part. 
Oh and re abbreviations, tdoc stands for therapist, pdoc is psychiatrist. xx

BB 🐰💙

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance