Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Any diagnosed germophobes or hoarders on this forum?

Thanks, my GP appt went well and I got the flu vaccine as well as the tetanus.

Of course, I forgot you had your psychiatrist. When do you see them next?

You've got a good memory that I prefer bars of soap. Yes, am noting how long the soaps last. 

I feel so slow and heavy today, work's not looking likely. I hope your alarms wake you 🤞 and you can have a better day...

@Dimity 

Sorry you're feeling a bit down @NatureLover . Might be partly a reaction to the flu shot.

I talked to my psychiatrist Tuesday and decided not to start the new med right away. Next appt is in 7 weeks.

I'm feeling pleased with myself - I'm up early and a load of washing is running. 

You are up early, @Dimity ! And chores being done! 

Yes, I wondered flu shot too. Just told my boss I wouldn't be in. Am still in bed. 

I'm glad your psychiatrist gives you some agency in your decisions. 

Is the lawnmower for the communal garden, or your private garden? 

@NatureLover this is the first visit by a new gardener for the common property.  It's been a real saga. Apart from the arguments over retaining trees/shrubs, the elected property manager was incommunicado and not responding to the new quotes. Hopefully things will improve now.

Hope you've got a good book or two on hand for your rest day. 

Sounds like further garden nightmares for you 😣 I hope things will improve as you wish 🤞 

Yes, I have books, but am exhausted just holding my phone up! So may not be reading much. 

It's nice having this unexpected morning chat with you 🙂

Yes @NatureLover it's nice when our connections coincide. I'll try not to tire you.

I'm quite optimistic about this gardener - he seems a very nice chap and is very well qualified. And he's not under the control of someone hellbent on flattening everything. 

Take care and enjoy your day.

It's a treat talking to you, @Dimity , you won't tire me. 

So pleased for you about the new gardener, especially that he's not under the control of a destructive person. 

Thanks, I hope your day goes well too 🙂

Hi @tyme , I hope you're well 🙂

I've noticed that you've been tagging me in new member's posts lately. I just want to say, I'm not reponding to those people as my psychologist has limited me to 3.5 hours per week on the forums, due to burning out on here in 2020. So it's probably best not to tag me for those general type things. 

Having said that, I'm more likely to respond to new people with OCD, Hoarding Disorder or Agoraphobia. These are not as common. Not sure if you would remember those, though...sorry to be complicated! 

Hope you have a good weekend 🙂

Hi @NatureLover I'm easing back into decluttering I hope. I'm managing a couple of hours' cleaning and tidying most days so feel ready to try to tackle the hoard again. 

I'll start small as I can't visualise the space at the moment, it will have to emerge.

Hi @Dimity , so good to see you!

I'm impressed you're doing 2 hours a day of tidying and cleaning every day. 

I'm here to encourage you with tackling your hoard, if you'd like 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance