Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Any diagnosed germophobes or hoarders on this forum?

So lovely to see your post on here this morning, @Dimity ! Thank you for popping in and for your lovely message ❤️

That's good you've contacted the agency for help with your clutter. I hope they send someone who's a good fit and not critical or unrealistic. 

I'm actually not using my light box at the moment as my hands and arms are so itchy...I think due to a new soap I'm trialling, but just to be sure, I wanted to stop the light box for a week or so. (The light box can make my skin itchy too)

But yes, I'm aware that the longer, dark nights are a problem for you too 🫂

My nice neighbour might possibly move out in June/July..she's currently deciding whether to accept the rent increase or not. That would be the deadline for my stuff in the shed. Do you have a deadline to move the stuff you have in storage? I think no actual deadline but the situation is awkward and tricky for you?

I'm sorry to hear your back is still painful 😢 I really hope it eases very soon 🤞

@tyme  I agree, it's nice choosing new sheets and bedding, and important to take your time finding a nice set I reckon. I hope your new bed is firm enough!

You're right, the checks and inspections make me tidy up, but my germophobia gets pretty bad when people come inside my house and walk on the carpet in shoes that might have been in a public toilet or a germy hospital or clinic, and touch things in my home and breathe in the air when they might have Covid or a cough. I spend hours cleaning up afterwards...it's very stressful. 

That's why I tend to meet friends out at cafes...I only ever have abolutely necessary people in my house.

Oooo @NatureLover ,

I never thought of that about when people step into other houses with shoes. 

Makes sense 🙂

Hope you have a good week.

I think beds and pillows are worth the investment because it can make a huge difference in terms of how well one sleeps.

I tend to change pillows every year or so. I throw out the old ones. Only thing is it's hard to get the 'same' pillow once I find a good one. If it's good, I need to buy a few. I've just found a good one, so I'm going to buy a few for storage. @Dimity @NatureLover 

Great idea to buy a few pillows of the one you're happy with! @tyme 

(Says the hoarder 😂 )

Dropping in Love 💕 

Sorry to hear you haven't yet found a soap/cleanser that suits @NatureLover . Hopefully you can catch the interludes of sunshine.

Yes my storage is difficult and expensive but I don't have a deadline, just the sense i do have to resolve it.  Fingers crossed you'll get plenty of notice about your neighbour's decision. 

It's a pity if people don't respect your policy of leaving shoes at the door - I think it's quite a common practice these days.

I'm trying to press ahead and deal with a few things but may need a change of med. Do you have any plans for tomorrow? 

Aww, thank you, @Anastasia ! Same back to you! ❤️

So lovely to see you on here, @Dimity  ❤️

My skin has been less itchy the last day or so. So I might keep this soap on the list, a bit further down, as it's a bit cheaper. I've prioritised the soaps I'm trialling in terms of itchiness. The least itchy are of course the most expensive! I have 2 more soaps to trial, then I will decide on one or two soaps to buy for future. 

I hadn't realised you were paying for your storage. That does put pressure on, as it's expensive I've heard.

Will you go to the GP for a med review? 

I'm going to the GP shortly today to get a tetanus injection - just a refresher which is due, plus a  MHCP. I dread going to the GP clinic, which I always assume is germy. I'm glad to be knocking off 2 birds with one stone though - that means one less visit needed.

Thanks for your good wishes. I hope things improve for you 🤞

I hope your gp visit went smoothly @NatureLover . I'm waiting for the flu vaccine to come in to get it and also deal with an old health problem. It's my psychiatrist who might start me on the new med.

If you're keeping notes about the soaps you're trialling maybe you could note how long they last in case a good but expensive soap is better value than you expect. I think you said you don't like liquid soap substitutes.

I hope I hear my morning alarms tomorrow, I've often slept through but  I need to be up for the lawnmowing.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance