Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

tinolatin
Casual Contributor

Making it through drug free.

Hello to everyone,
Greetings from down under, I hope everyone should be involved in a smart, sensible discussion with me about getting through this together without meds.

I am a 29 year old male diagnosed with bipolar 2, was medicated on mood stabilisers and antidepressants for almost 5 years.
I’m currently medication free since last August, but a lot has been happening since, and ever, a major instability in my life at the moment.

I would like to hear more stories of those of you who stopped. Would like to make better choices in my life in this regards, everyone who has the thoughts about, please be open and respectful to discuss. I do not intend to discuss with people in this forum that are totally pro and in favour of mediations, I know it’s a sensible topic, I needed the just as you guys did and I’m pretty sure that it’s a lot more easier to manage the illness with them.

I’ve gone through hell back and forth many times, as most of you you’ve done, But I also firmly made a decision to never see a psychiatrist in my life again. They momentarily saved me and ruined my life, the illness, I cannot change, but I made the choice to be free, and now I feel like they altered me a lot.

Are there any of you who are not on prescribed drugs? What’s your experience to share?

I feel I am a lot clearer and genuinely well being better being off them.

Thanks for the attention and looking forward to have good discussions here towards our well being and coping strategies to stay on track. Thanks for the moderators as well.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Making it through drug free.

Hi @tinolatin

Welcome to the Forums! I've seen you post in other spaces on the Forums - I hope you're finding them helpful.

I'm not quite sure who would be best to respond to this - it's an interesting topic! 

I know you want this discussion to be about managing without medication - not about whether you should take medication or not - so I'm not sure if the following will be of interest - but you might find Medication vs no medication a fascinating read. It's the only discussion that springs to mind that's sort of related.

Take care!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance