Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

MissLil
Peer Guide

New volunteer ☺️

I’m excited to be posting my first post as a volunteer on the Sane forums. I would like to introduce myself and discuss my lived experience and journey. Studying with Sane has been very resourceful and educational. I have struggled with Depression and anxiety on and off since in my mid teens, as someone who lives in a rural area I was not offered much support while in high school and my parents do not acknowledge mental illnesses as something that is real. In my early 20s I ended up on anti depressants due to self harm and only had medication doses continuously upped until I decided not to be on them and made a lot of lifestyle changes. It was only last year when I have an extremely bad mental breakdown that I was offered services and to work with a team of mental health professionals to assist me in recovery. After all my experience it has driven to me studied to be able to bring more mental health services and awareness to rural communities to make a difference. Being able to be apart of Sane and help reach others in need of support is so rewarding 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: New volunteer ☺️

Good on you and thank you for supporting regional areas.

Hey there @MissLil  🙂

Welcome to the forums! It's great to have you join us and share parts of your story.

We look forward to having you around on the forums and connecting with you.

Hi @MissLil 

Welcome to Sane forums. Hope to see you around.

And just so everyone knows, we WILL be having a few more volunteers around from from next week too. They will have a different title, but this is something we are still working on 🙂 @Snowie @MissLil @Boppa 

@MissLil  Congratulations on your wonderful achievement and dedication to community.

When we help ourselves, everyone benefits 🤗

I look forward to seeing more of your posts.

Hi @MissLil !!!

Welcome to SANE. It's so great to have you on board here. I'm one of the forum moderators, you'll see me around during the day. I hope you love the forums as much as I do!

Hanami

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance