Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Serenity74
New Contributor

13 yrs of hell

Hi I have a 30 yr old daughter and an a ex son in law from hell. I have been constantly abused mentally, emotionally by him and physically occasionally by daughter. Ex son in law doesn’t like me standing up for my daughter when he has been violent to her! They have 2 girls and I have had to walk away from them as I can’t deal with the toxicity from them! 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: 13 yrs of hell

They have been separated for a few years but my daughter is mentally unstable due to psychosis diagnosis and the granddaughters have gone to live with the father and his parents. My daughter has chosen to live on the streets and her mental illness is worsening. I can’t get her to get help as she doesn’t recognise she has a problem! 

Hi @Serenity74 

We wanted to take this opportunity to welcome you to the forums.

We hope that you find the forums a great place to connect with other members, share stories and ideas, and find the support and connection you deserve.

Feel free to Introduce yourself here if you haven’t already!

It must be so hard to see your daughter in this situation, where it is causing you pain.

When you say physically abused by daughter. Do you mean she is physically abusing you or is the ex son in law physically abusing her ?

Hi @Serenity74,

I am so sorry, that is so challenging.

It's something that many families face when trying to help their loved ones.

Are you in touch with your daughter?

How're you coping with everything?

@Serenity74 

I appreciate the courage it has taken for you to make this post and I can hear how painful this experience has been for you.

Are you feeling safe in your current situation? It sounds like you have now decided to separate from the abuse. I understand that this separation from your own family can be emotionally very hard.

Please reach out if you need to chat. There are many good support services around for you to call on if you want to talk with someone...

Sending you a big hug. 

Dear @Serenity74 

You can really feel how much you are hurting in what you have written.  You must however look after your MH first and make sure that you are safe.  We are no good to others if we ourselves need to be looked after.  So concentrate on yourself first, its probably been a long while since you have put yourself first.

I guess there is only so much you can do for your daughter, she needs to want to get better, and she always knows where you are if she accepts the help you are offering.

At least your granddaughter is with her other grandparents, hopefully they are as loving as you are.

Be kind to yourself.......Asgard

Hi @Serenity74 

Hope this finds you well and mores the point, hope you are looking after yourself.  We are all hoping that things are getting better.......Asgard

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance