Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Is mental health more challenging for men? // 20 June, 7pm AEST

Thanks @bubbles2.

Re: Topic Tuesday // Is mental health more challenging for men? // 20 June, 7pm AEST

My advice would be that if you feel that something isn't quite right, it probably isn't. Talk to someone about it and if that person isn't helpful, talk to someone else.

Looks to me like we’ve already started. And by being a part of forums like these @soul you’re pitching in. This is the community, it’s happening right now. On forums like these ones…and others. They don’t always have to be mass community things either. They can be just two men (or three…or more) choosing to go for a walk in the park and just simply talking about their mental health. Small changes help too. Men talking without distractions like alcohol or while working, for example, is just as powerful as big structural changes in my opinion. My take is that the community is there, it is building…But it can be hard to see through all the business of life sometimes.

I guess we're all out of time now.

Thanks @suzanne, @Glen-MensLineAu,thanks everyone

Thanks @Glen-MensLineAu. I think the stigma was broken for my kids when my therapist came to our house and met my kids. They realised it wasn't scary or bad to talk to her. It's given them confidence to talk to their own psychologist now. I do believe it helps to have a family session. 

There's some really fabulous advice coming through tonight.  I'll keep the thread open for any more over the next couple of days.  Having Glen's perspective from his years of experience is priceless, and we're so grateful that he's been here, but it always add huge value to have the input from a lived experience perspective.

Thank you everyone for joining us.  And thanks again for Glen for giving his time and expertise.

Thank you all

Good to have you join us @Former-Member and good night everyone 🙂

And many thanks from me too.

Thank you @suzanne, @Glen-MensLineAu and everyone for a wonderful night Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance