Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: not coping

I hope you are having people looking after you, especially after your big procedure @outlander 

Even though no one would want to go through what you are, hopefully these procedures help you in the long run.

@Snowie i have to pay for support so it depends on what i can afford. i have support for this procedure at this stage and the next one i have a way to get there and back but no one for the recovery but itll have to be ok.
i havent worked on the other one yet.

they are all helpful just alot all within short time frames at the moment.

im not able to work to much because of my mental and physical health so its making it quite tough

I'm glad you've got some support in place @outlander. It's a shame that money comes into how much care you can have. Always seems to go that way.

Maybe it's good that they are all close together. Get them all done quickly.

I'm sorry about your mental and physical health hon. It is so hard when it affects our day to day life. Are you still seeing a psych?

yeah thats true @Snowie and if i get them alldone this year i get higher rebates and less private health gaps because ive spent a certain amount of $ so makes it cheaper over all.

no i dont see my psychologist right now. i dont have any care plan sessions left and i cant afford it privately so im left without that support until janurary i think when i can renew the care plan.
i no longerhave a pension either so seeing my gp is also more expensive so seeing them is reduced alot too.

Its hard @outlander when our mental and physical health can be affected by how much money we have. Even with private health cover it doesn't over everything.

Have you done the Sane guided service before? I know you can get 14 sessions through them. Even if you've had it before, I think you are able to do it again.

it does make it hard even with insurance @Snowie
i guess its just a new part of life i also have to navigate through.

no i havent used the service

Adulting can be so hard at times @outlander 

I have used the guided service and it did help. The best thing about it was that with each session it was the same person, so you were able to develop a relationship with them.

I will tag @tyme @Jynx or any other mod/peer support. They might be able to give you a bit more info. 

I do know that if you go to Get support at the top of the page it comes down. Just click on the guided service tab and that should point you in the right direction.

Hey @Snowie and @outlander, have a look at this link the information is available. You can refer yourself into the Guided Service for support with either a Peer Support Worker or Counsellor for 14 weeks with 1:1 support and Mental Health Recovery Groups. Welcome to SANE’s Guided Service. RiverSeal

Thanks for the info @RiverSeal 

I found it really helpful in my mental health journey.

Thank you @Snowie @RiverSeal
I’ll look into it

It’s been a rough day for me so I’ll look another day
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

For urgent assistance