Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Bow
Senior Contributor

Re: noises

@Former-Member  and @saltandpepper I wouldn’t say I have anything diagnosed at the moment. In the past when dealing with some childhood trauma I was diagnosed with a lot of different things, mild schizophrenia, BPD and severe depression. I had a good 10yrs, no meds, was stable and all.

i left a horrible marriage 3 years ago, haven’t really worked through any of that and feel like that’s all just come to a head when divorce was finalised and everything very recently. I’ve also just moved house which has been really stressful, had to make some difficult decisions, I did a lot of the move myself cause my dad is terminally ill and my mum is aging too, even though I had a perfectly able brother. A lot of other losses over recent years and just coming to terms with where I am at in life and not liking it at all. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Well done for coming so far then @Bow 

I'm rather amazed at all I've done too. Definitely past trauma, emotional dysregulation and the anxiety card. :face_with_rolling_eyes:Seriously the amount of times I'm over hearing that one because I present well. My family has schizophrenia link. I heard recently coeliac was an issue with this condition. Hmm.

Im personally hopeful to find more answers in the near future.

I think it would be perfect if everything fitted into one label...but it seems to be the way. Multiples!! Lol.

Bow
Senior Contributor

I’ve had a lot of gut issues in the past @Former-Member  was diagnosed with lactose intolerance at the height of my mental health battle years ago- that eventually cleared up though. So could understand there could be a link between the 2. 

I’m definitely struggling with some depression and anxiety at the moment though. It’s been a rough day with anxiety, I feel smashed. 

I hear you @Bow and you've got a lot going on there, and it sounds like a lot of it has been going on for years. It makes sense you're finding you're becoming easily agitated, there's a lot to process there. Any one of those situations is a lot for one persons to deal with, but with so many of them together, it must be tough.

Perhaps now that the move is out the way and the divorce is finalised you'll be able to dedicate time to healing and processing everything you've been through. Do you have a psychologist or a GP you've been to see? Would you consider a local support group or even talking to a trusted friend?

Bow
Senior Contributor

@saltandpepper I went and got a mental health plan about a month ago and am on a waiting list to see a psychologist, she said hopefully November she would have a vacancy to see me (I’m hoping early November!)

Ive chatted with a friend a little bit, but everyone has their own stuff going on and there’s only so much they can help with. 

It’s just being able to manage in the mean time. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

The physical always lets us know when the load is too much @Bow 

I have lactose and gluten intolerance. Used to it now. Was very bad years ago. 
It sounds like you need to be kind to yourself this evening. Me too.

Had heart pains all day. I'm pretty sure I've pushed too hard of late riding lack of sleep train and stress mixed in from family and study angles.

My aim is to take a break until Xmas. I'm not looking forward to everyone thinking melb can go gung ho crazy. People visit where I live at tourist destination. Oh great. :face_with_rolling_eyes:

Relationship ends take a long time to heal I think. Go slow. 🙂

Bow
Senior Contributor

Can relate @Former-Member I’d love to slow down a bit. It’s been a busy few months and Christmas is coming! 

Hi @Bow @Former-Member @saltandpepper . I have just read your post @Bow and the following posts from everyone and I can see that you have great insight into what is going on with the noises thing. @Former-Member @saltandpepper you have each been very supportive and helpful which I also noticed which is great so thank you for your assistance wit this.

I resonate with you @Bow with noises because I also have depression, BPD and schizophrenia. I noticed that when I had an admission to a psychiatric ward in Tasmania many years ago, I became sensitive to noises after being on the ward to the point where I thought my uni lecturer was yelling at me when I returned to uni. It was only when I spoke to the lecturer and explained my situation that they explained that they were talking at a normal level and that maybe I'd become overwhelmed and highly sensitive to noise because of where I'd been. Noises also impact on me due to the schizophrenia element of my mental health and I notice that I'm more sensitive when I'm stressed with life's daily happenings. I try and use the strategies that @saltandpepper has suggested by reflecting and examining what has caused me to react to the noises and it does often work, so I do recommend this. 

Once again, thank you for sharing. I hope you find some ways of working through this issue and I look forward to seeing how you handle this. Stay safe forumite🙂

Judi9877

TheAarow88
Casual Contributor

Definitely when my Anxiety and/or Depression is on high rise.

Even the things I enjoy to relax, I'll single out a noise unintentionally and dwell on it.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thank you for tagging me in @Judi9877 

I can relate to all everyone has mentioned re: stress, anxiety elevated everything. My family has schizophrenia on my fathers side. I have never really looked at this as what I suffer before. But  a few things do resonate when I look over my life. All I have known is my physical body starts to give the signs. I was so stressed this week, that by yesterday I had bad heart pain, paranoia over people and a sense that everyone is out to think I'm crazy or not worth talking too. This may be unrelated but as I did my online exam my anxiety (that I'm medicated for) was more than I can recall. My ability to focus becomes affected. I didn't even complete the paper and I have the capability. I took a short walk before my exam and this might sound silly but as I heard the buzzing in power lines overhead I took it as a sign of all the information I knew was being channeled for this exam. I have lived in a very creative mind and often family are not surprised when I do the unexpected. 

Anyway I'm glad semester has stopped. I am waiting for an appointment to see someone. I hope he can help shed light on my stress levels and anxiety. 

I hope today  @Bow @saltandpepper @TheAarow88 today is a lighter day for you all. ❤️
Im realising it's better to speak up then hide what I dismiss. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance