Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: 😥Think I'm seriously having a break down

I don't think I can get through this I'm so scared @CheerBear

I hear your fear @Serenity1 and know it's scary for you ❤

Step by step and moment by moment.

What do you need to do right now? Try and focus on that one thing and then think about the next step.

I need to get ready for school & doctors but I feel like I can't move something is seriously wrong with me been up since 2am hyperventilating & panic attack and now feel like can't move think or function- only reason I got to sleep is because I took extra anxiety medicine that makes me drowsy @CheerBear

@CheerBear I don't know if I should call the grandmother or not-I can't deal with this situation- I

It sounds like you could really use some help and support this morning @Serenity1. Calling grandmother might be a good idea if you're not able to do it on your own right now. You'll know your daughter is OK and maybe it will help you focus on yourself and what you need to do for you today.

@CheerBear I'm so sorry to keep bothering you- I can't think straight- I don't know if I should send her to school or not- if I missed school will that be used against me?- she missed a day last week because I had a breakdown when the mental health hospital said they would not support me, after two months of telling me they would support me & me begging for support & I was worried about sending her because she saw my reaction & it affected her so much- same thing has happened again she has seen me breakdown yesterday & I am worried about her coping at school but worried it will be used against me if I don't send her

Hi @Serenity1,

I'm truly sorry you are experiencing such intense anxiety at the moment, it sounds paralysing and I really feel for you. I'm so glad you are receiving lots of support from the forums. I'm wondering what would be helpful from here to just put one foot in front of the other. It seems like calling the grandmother or calling a helpline would be good steps. If you get a counsellor who is not understanding your situation, you can always hang up as a part of your own self-care.

Take care at this tough time,

Tortoiseshell 

@Tortoiseshell I don't want to call helpline as I don't want to distress her more she doesn't let me talk privately and gets upset cos she thinks they are making me upset even though I explain to her they are trying to help me- I will force myself to take her to school

You're not bothering me @Serenity1

It's a tough situation for you and it seems like there isn't an easy answer to any of it today. I know when I'm really, really struggling I find it easier for the kids to be at school so I can deal with it away from them. They're busy, looked after, distracted etc and I have some breathing space.

I've just read that you're going to try to get your daughter to school. One thing at a time and you'll find yourself at home again closer to the appointment with your doctor.

Hope it goes OK this morning. Thinking of you ❤

THANKYOU so much @CheerBear
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance