Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Sitting alone trying to hold on.

Thanks.  Wish I could share it.

hi @Lemonjuice how are you going today? Hope you feel a bit better.

I was reading through your thread imagining how hard your situation would be then I was so surprised to hear how amazingly productive you are on top of everything - shopping, mowing, laundry and cookery, whoa that would take me 4 days. I can only really do one thing a day.

I understand what it's like to have an uncommunicative, unappreciative nephew. I've been trying to help my nephew with his suspected depression and protecting him from my abusive mother (because I dont' want her to do to him what she did to me) for months. He ignores me and any texts or phonecalls and is only sullen & withdrawn with me on the rare occasion I see him in person. I'm exhausted (I have my own complex MH issues) and have decided I can't take another interaction with my abusive mother - it aggravates my MH badly and my nephew has shone no signs at all of appreciation. My brother is also uncommunicative and unappreciative. He had a psychosis recently and I've been a rock for him, giving a lot of emotional support and energy. It's been exhausting and he shows no signs of appreciation and is currently giving me the cold shoulder, ignoring any communication.

In my experience old people can be extremely stubborn and frustrating, though I've never had to help a person with dementia, I can only imagine it's very stressful and takes a lot of patience.

Your family are very lucky to have you and it's so great you can take a little bit of time out for yourself. The river sounds lovely and I'm glad you have that. I really admire your strength, you're in a very tough situation and are doing an amazing job. I just have me & the cat to look after & struggle with that - showering, washing my hair, grocery shopping - I just don't have the energy or ability to concentrate.

I just wanted you to know how strong you are and what an amazing job you're doing. I hope you feel appreciated and supported and seen on the forum.

I havent cooked chicken legs like that in years. Thanks for the idea @Lemonjuice 

I have the perfect frypan for that now.

Smiley Happy

Hope you had a better day today @Lemonjuice, let us know how you are. Heart 

@Appleblossom just make sure it's a deep pan. I use a wide based saucepan...lol...mustn't lose a drop of that sauce!

Yeah, I am feeling better...lol...till the next time. Thanks for sitting with me.

@Lemonjuice 

Hugs

Heart

I only bought this frypan a couple of years ago, but it should be good for the job.  My old iron griddle that I bought when I was 15 ... is too small.

Smiley Sad

Just had my own mini breakdown but coming out of it again.

Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance