Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Sad

Honesty is the best policy.
Let us know how you go.
Can you hire private detective? Its very hard to regain trust once broken. Figure out your options.
Relationships Australia counselling might help.
Is it your hubby?
Stay strong, deep breaths.
greenpea
Senior Contributor

@Bbird  Hi Bbird my ex husband of 23 years cheated on me with his current girl friend and now he is very affectionate with me and his girl friend is super jealous. Hahahaha! I wouldn't have him back for a million dollars. I like the status quo where he buys me flowers and is all lovey dovey. I love being single and fancy free. I would never have someone back who cheated on me there is a saying ' fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me'.  

eth
Community Elder

Hi @Bbird  and welcome to the forums.  I am sure you will find others like @greenpea  who have similar experience.  I do too, but from many years ago.  I guess what I would suggest (from my own experience) is that you make a plan for what you will do if the worst is true, before you ask the question.  It does need to be discussed, but if they will cheat then they may also lie as @Appleblossom  has said.  So the crux of the matter for me would be about trust - if trust has been broken do you want to stay in the relationship? 

- If you don't - how will you leave, where can you go, do you have friends or family that can support you while you get re-established?   What other supports and resources do you have.

- If you do - can you work together towards trusting again?  Would you want to do some relationship counselling?  Would your partner go to that with you?  

Someone suggested Relationships Australia.  They'd be good for both of you if you want to stay together.  I also suggest your local Womens Centre, especially if you want to leave - they can do all sorts of support and also counselling usually.

For me the lack of trust is a deal breaker.  Especially hard if you've been betrayed at any other time in your life too.  

Take care, @eth 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance