Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Not Coping

Hey @Birdofparadise8 ,

We want to remind you of the RESPECT Guideline. We ask that you refrain from resorting to name-calling whether it be your house mates, people on the forums, political parties etc.

We want to keep conversations recovery focused and adhering to:

1) RESPECT

2) ANONYMITY

3) SAFETY

Right okay @tyme 

I'm sorry; please forgive me. 

@Birdofparadise8 hey princess 🤗

I don't leave until tomorrow but I have been busy, running errands for my mum. She had medical appointments and likes me to come along so I can remember all that the Dr tells her. Had to go shopping, get fuel and catch up with friends of mine who own a stationery store. 

I am going with my oldest friend the crazy cat lady and my mum. Mum likes to get the family together for Easter and while my brother won't be with us my oldest friend has always been a second daughter to mum, just like her mum was my second mum.

Today I need to pack and get everything ready, possibly clean the car but probably not!

I have been feeling a little out of sorts the past week and didn't want to burden anyone on the forums. I was hoping the new medication I was on would have kicked in by now but I just have to be patient. Rome wasn't built in a day!

What's happening in your world?

Ah, okay, well I hope you have a fun time away. 

I'm sorry the new meds haven't helped. I know how frustrating that can be. 

Ah, well, right now I'm sobbing, but I'll get in trouble if I say why. 

All I can say is rejection really hurts. Or, well, what I perceived to be rejection. @ENKELI 

I'm really not okay. This weekend is going to be so long and awful. 

I've never felt more alone than I do now. 

I'm sorry. 

@Birdofparadise8 Rejection is the worst. And what we perceive as rejection others might say we're over reacting. Whenever I mentioned feeling rejected to my mum she would say I'm sure she/he didn't mean it that way. It doesn't help.

We need our feelings validated. I take it your room mates are not including you in anything. I got a message from a "friend" last night and it made me feel angry and rejected all over again because this "friend" told lies about me and sided with ex friend. So I tossed and turned all night over thinking what he had said and all the stuff that has happened.

The only thing I can say is that you get over it and it's not going to make me feel good thinking about it all the time.

I wish I could give you big hugs, then I would fly you over to join us for Easter, where you'd be over fed because my mum believes in feeding a 100 not 4 and chocolate is a breakfast on Easter Sunday!!

You're in my thoughts and prayers hon. I will be around today if needed x

@ENKELI 

[edited by moderator]

I literally can't stop sobbing. At least I have a PeerChat with RO tonight. They are always good, and I also have my favourite worker. I didn't realise how hard this was going to be. I'm literally struggling to type right now because of the crying and not being able to see. Why can't I cope with being alone? Why can't I be a person who prefers to be alone, and then none of this would be an issue? I wish it was Tuesday, so tomorrow would be Wednesday, and I would get to see my psych again. I only saw him yesterday, and I could already go back. There was so much I didn't get to say. We focused of anxious attachment and like what happened on Monday why it did. 

My psych said asking @PinkFlamingo if she was going to be around is a checking behaviour. I swear, since I found out that no PSW will be on. I've been trying to see who will be around. It seems like not many. So, I've been doing the "checking" thing again. Gosh, I'm stuffed up. Why can't I get over this? Obviously, people go away when it's a holiday time. Ahh, I'm sorry, so @ENKELI 

He said I need to be able to self-soothe, but ahh, it's so hard when I can't stop crying. I've been so on edge all day, just waiting for something to tip me over the edge. The self-soothing meaning for the checking thing. 

Yes, that definitely doesn't help what your mum said. 

How long are you going away for?

@Birdofparadise8 I'm not going to offer advice for you because I know that's not what you want - unless you ask me for advice and then I will.

Being alone for the holidays is very hard. One year I had worked Christmas Eve night and got home at 7am. I felt so heartbroken because it was like my family didn't even care about me not being able to attend Christmas lunch because I had to sleep to be ready for the next shift Christmas night. I spent the day crying and trying to sleep. Unfortunately my self-soothing involves staying in bed and trying to sleep which is okay once in a while but not ongoing and sleeping your life away.

Did you get my message about Tubi? There are seriously like 4 shows on TS. I thought that might give you something to do to help with the empty time.

My heart breaks that you are in so much pain, I wish I could take it from you. 

What do you do for self soothing?

Thank you @ENKELI 

That would be hard. 

Yeah, I did. I replied to you and said the uni wifi blocks it. What are the videos? Are they her movies or what? 

Thank you @ENKELI I wish I could take it away as well, but it's stuck with me. 

I don't know. Crying for number one, music, TV, but that's things I do anyway, so not much. 

I just feel so defeated. It was as if I was waiting for a pin to drop, and once it did, it burst me open. 

I don't know if my depression is getting worse, or I'm just a bad person, too sensitive or if I can't cope on my own. Maybe I'm too sensitive to rejection as well and just perceive everything as such. 

I feel like everything I do seems to be wrong (after I've done it and been told). It's like I can't do anything right anymore. I just hate the feeling of not talking to anyone. Like I'll call my family for a quick call, but other than that, no one. 

How I feel right now is as if I'm trying to get out of a very deep pool that has nothing to hold on to while people watch around me and are laughing. And the pool is made with my tears. 

Well, I've never thought of that before. This is in my imagination, by the way. 

I think I'm being a bit dark there, @ENKELI. I'm sorry. I thought it would better describe how I feel. 

@Birdofparadise8 okay I am going to give one piece of advice only - you don't need to apologise for your feelings and thoughts. Definitely not to me anyway. You have nothing to apologise for princess.

Sorry, I missed that post. It's a series of shows about her life with interviews during her rise and talking about her life. What a shame that Uni internet blocks it.

Your perspective about being in a pool is quite telling and I would suggest you tell your RO or psych that because I think that needs to be investigated. Like the tears are understandable, you feel like you're always crying and that your low self esteem makes you feel as though people are laughing at you because you feel that everyone thinks you are stupid/worthless/insignificant.

That's my perception anyway and while I have been told I have good insight I am not a trained professional, which is why I think you need to tell your psych about it.

It may be that you need a change in medication. You are not a bad person, and yes you probably are overly sensitive - I pick that up being overly sensitive myself. You take everything personally which is what we do when we are used to negativity all the time. And when someone says something positive we don't believe them.

Why don't you try to strike up a conversation with the people sitting near you at the footy? Even if it's just a simple, hi, how do you think we'll go tonight? 

And then at Uni, try and talk to a couple of people about something, like the food.

These are just suggestions hon, I want to be able to help you feel better and these are things I would be encouraged to do when I was too scared to talk to my own shadow. I certainly don't recommend the way I did it - handed a platter of crudités and told to go out and talk to people at a party for a bunch of politicians! I was scared witless I thought I would pee myself! 

You WILL get better hon, right now it doesn't feel like it and there is nothing worse than being in the middle of the pain. I am sending lots of hugs and prayers your way x 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance