Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Morning has broken

Hi @Eve7 

I'm sorry to hear things are feeling so overwhelming right now. 

I really encourage you to reach out to SANE's Help Centre (1800 187 263) or Peer Support Workers if you need more support.

Sometimes it can really help to chat through these things. I know when I am feeling really down even just hearing another voice on the line can make me feel more grounded. 

If you are feeling unsafe, you can contact Lifeline at 13 11 14

Thinking of you 
- periwinklepixie 

@Eve7 Hope that you are ok? Around this afternoon if you need a friend 💕🤗

Good afternoon @Bow @Eve7 @Emelia8 @Ant7 @BlueBay @Anastasia and anyone else around.

Hoping your day is going ok

Lots of love and hugs 💕💕💕

How has your day been @Snowie ?

ok @Bow 

Managed to do some washing and go to the supermarket. All stocked up for awhile.

Spoke to pdoc (on phone) Still can't see him in person. Change in my meds which hopefully helps. He got an email from my psych with some concerns so spoke to him about them.

How has your day been?

I’m ok thanks @Emelia8  just a rough day.

That covid case is quite close and the person concerned hasn’t checked in on the app for a month despite being an Uber driver!

Just wait and see what happens. I’ve slept most of the afternoon as I didn’t go into work after seeing pdoc. I’ll put on my “big girl pants” tomorrow and go in. Today is gone.

How are you? 💕

I went to the shops for a bit this morning too @Snowie  sat and had a cuppa and just wandered around for a bit. The change of scenery helped a little bit. This afternoon has been a bit challenging, but am keeping my body moving- seems to help with the flashbacks. 

Glad you got to the shops this morning @Bow Sometimes a change of scenery does help.

I hope the rest of the night goes ok for you 💗

Hi @Eve7 ... good to see you.  Sorry its been a rough day for you. As for the afternoon sleep ... I guess you needed it.

Hmm, not good with the Uber driver!  Lets hope no major spread occurs as a result.  Though you'd have to think there will be some cases.  Good on you for bringing out the 'big girl pants' once more.  Do you have a spare?  I could use some too, and dont seem to have any lately.

Thanks for asking ... yeah I'm okay I guess.  Just feeling sorry for myself in many ways I think.  Ongoing issues with back and leg pain, although its heaps better than it was. I see an orthopaedic surgeon next month to discuss surgical options on my back. I also have some skin cancer surgery next week.  One across my eyebrow and another below my eye, need to be cut out.  I will look as though I've been in a sword fight come next Wednesday afternoon.  The repercussions being fair skinned, redhaired and freckled, playing a lot of sport in my youth and resulting bad sunburn.  At least I have never been a sunbaker!  I have always sought out shade.  But hard to do when playing outdoor sport.  So like I said, I'm just feeling a little sorry for myself.  Surgery for breast cancer a year ago next month.  Surgery for skin cancer next week.  And the prospect of spinal surgery in months to come.  Sigh!

I have been doing a PTSD online workshop too, which has been a bit triggering for me.  It was on yesterday for 2 hours and again tomorrow.  Its a live thing with 4 participants and 2 course presenters ... with microphone and camera.  Eeek ... I have to try to look respectable in other words.  But it was well run and quite helpful in looking at ways of coping and longer term recovery from trauma.  So its worthwhile.

Hello also to @Snowie @Bow @Ant7 @WIP @Anastasia @HenryX @Clawde and anyone else passing through.

Emelia

It’s good to hear from you @Emelia8 and I’m sorry that you’re not too good either. You certainly have plenty of reasons to feel the way you do with the prospect of more surgery coming up and losing your hubby too. I hope the surgery is successful especially your back surgery.

I might need surgery on my ankle joint which is bone on bone...wouldn’t it be good if we could go to hospital together! A nice private one near the beach ha!!

How is little Holly? I hope she’s by your side for a long while yet.

I took prn earlier which is why I slept and I’ll have an early night tonight.

Lots of love to you Em 💕

Love also to you @Snowie @Bow @Anastasia @Shaz51  💜💜💜💜💜

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance