Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Medication

Hi again

I've been to my GP today and she is supporting me going off my meds. They are simply not working.  I really don't wish to be on them any longer I actually believe they are making me more unwell.  Vivid nightmares that I have never experienced and more more side affects too many to mention. Call me silly but life wasn't meant to be experienced with a washed it fuzzy brain. As you might be able to tell I've had enough of not feeling myself

Hi again @Pukie I am pleased that you have support from your GP and she agrees with you coming off your meds. Hopefully that will help you feel a little better physically. Heart

Hi guys
It's been a month and I've come of the meds. I'm feeling horrendous the anxiety has come back with a vengeance. I can't function and my depression has increased. I just feel like crying non stop and I can't remember the last time I had any joy. Desperate now. Still haven't got an appt with the new psychiatrist. Has anyone had success with a naturopath?I feel like I don't have a soul my insides have been vacuumed from within. Can't even feel love for my family. This is a nightmare. Any suggestions helpful. From a carefree happy person for 60 years of my life to this. Will my life ever be the same as before?

Hi @Pukie, we're sorry to hear that you are having a tough time off of your meds. Heart Have you been in touch with your GP regarding how you are feeling right now?

Thanks for your response Alli11 Yes I have been in touch with my GP, she is at a loss as to what to do with me next apart from waiting for my appt with the psychiatrist.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance