Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Informing the family and loved ones

I am extremely sorry if anything I have said or done has made things worse.

I must admit I never knew that some our of posts may go onto Facebook 😞

Hi @Former-Member
I'm so sorry about this. I will look into it and have it removed right now.

Typically the posts on facebook are broader topics and we don't use usernames. Like I said, I will follow that up right now.

Nik

Hi @Former-Member

Just letting you know the post has been removed from facebook. Thank you for flagging your concerns and expressing how it made you feel - we have learnt from this.

We see posting on facebook as an opportunity to get more people to give support, advice and/or insights for the discussions we post, so there was no intent to cause any harm, though completely understand that it has.

We will no longer include the username of a member when we quote part of a thread, and we will focus on threads that are broader/more general and if they are more personal, we will reach out to that member first.

Our apologies again @Former-Member and thank you for being so open.

Nik

RobertMelbourne. You have done nothing at all wrong! You have zero to appolgise for!!! If it wasn't for you I wouldn't know my username was floating on Facebook. So thank you.

@Former-Member it would worry most people if their anonymity was jeopardised.  I hope you can get back the sense of safety you had in posting on this site.  One of the reasons your post was probably chosen was that you have a way of getting straight to the core of things. In a way it was a compliment to you, but I can understand you would be upset. 

Its ok if you are not ready to be Miss Do-Gooder, in that way. 

I would miss you, and so would others.

Take care of yourself ...

I'm a very cautious person. It takes time for me to open up and trust. I've been hurt to many times from re-trusting people I'm at a point in my life when the trust is broken the relationship is gone. I don't do second chances.

I felt very opened and un incontrol when I saw my user name and parts of my post and link on Facebook. Then I read the commentes from uneducated people and didn't need that judgment in my life. I don't need the world of Facebook telling me how to feel and there thoughts.

Out side of this forum I'm a private person unless I need to be. I like not to have to many thoughts coming at me. I really thought this place was a safer place where I could be me and I'm glad you have put new strategies in place but it's a bummer it had to happen.

I didn't take it and never will take it as a compliment. My mental illness issues and feelings I'm never going to feel good on or go yer mine was chosen whoopy, I've done something right with it. I hate it and juat dealing to live with it. I'm not dealing with it to help others out.

Thank you for all the support and advice over the period I've been appart of this group. It has really helped me knowing I'm not alone and I had someone to talk to. But I just don't feel the same anymore. I feel my trust was broken and my confidentiality broken. So I wish you all the best with you health and most of all your life goals and dreams

Hi @Former-Member

I totally understand, and I'm quite dissapointed we have let you down.

I have sent you an email with more information.

We hope you can eventually trust us again.

Kind Regards,

Nik

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance