Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Help. Please.

Just watching a Netflix movie, early night I think @saltandpepper 

Wbu? What time is your appointment tomorrow. My boys is 11

Early night for me too @Anastasia what are ya watching?

Whenever I get there which is pretty sweet 🤙 debating whether to bring a drink or 2 with me. Getting myself all worked up about the being touched thing. Hate it. Wish I wasn't like this. 

I'm sorry @saltandpepper it would be very difficult and confronting. Are there any techniques you can use to minimise the trauma around it? 

Would they let you drink? I wouldn't have thought so due to bl00d thinner

P.S 

I think you are very brave @saltandpepper 

Yeah I dunno @Anastasia the last place I went to everyone was drinking and trying to shove beers in my hand. I hate beer though. So yeah, dunno maybe 1 or 2 isn't a big deal. Only one way to find out haha Mind you I've never seen people actively encourage drinking at tattoo studios before

Yeah I don't know, can't think of anything really. I guess drinking tends to be my go-to. I'm just hoping I'll be better this time given I'll be able to see what's happening. I don't know. I don't know what to do. Hate that I'm getting anxious about it though. Like it's fine. Nothing's gonna happen. It's fine. Why do I gotta be so jumpy all the fu*king time for?

Ha nope. Not me @Anastasia maybe I used to be. Or maybe I just used to be too angry to care. 

Cause of the sh1t that others have caused in your life, that's why. You have every reason to be feeling these things.

@saltandpepper 

What about I come with you? Do you have a shirt with a pocket? I can hang in there and if anyone so much as looks sideways at you they'll have me to contend with.

Trust me they'll be scared 😜

Hmm, you know I think that's kind of made it click. It's a private studio. So just this tattoo artist. Just him and me. Maybe that's what's setting me off. Fu*k. Ugh God damn it.

Haha @Anastasia nah I'd have to keep you in my pocket. Couldn't risk letting you out or else that list of mine might get way too long. I can't backhand someone while I'm getting inked. I'd end up with a big black line going all up my arm.

Ah I understand. Could you take someone? Your brother? A friend? 

@saltandpepper 

Nah @Anastasia never taken anyone with me before, not going to start doing that now. I am the master of my brain! Well, sometimes. Not really. I don't like indulging my irrational fears. I'll keep you in my pocket though, that'll help 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance