Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Did anyone see the recent “four corners” episode?

Hearing you @greenpea 

Swings both way is right

Sadly find myself in a situation shadowing yours

Hopefully can head it off early, but has escalated during COVID Smiley Sad

It makes me angry that no matter what the reporting, and how clear it is that the need is overwhelming, there just doesn't seem to be the political will to resource the mh sector in proportion to the demand.

@greenpea  statistically speaking the percentage of mentally ill people who become violent is much less than those who don’t technically it is even less than members of the mentally well community. I am not saying it doesn’t happen which is why I said before about the comment I agreed with being that the cases of violence still need to be talked about but not at the expense of the community as a whole. No one is disagreeing that there needs to be more services provided just that we need to be careful the way we speak about mental health because it is already so misunderstood. 

@greenpea @frog Very true about it swinging both ways. Which, I think, accounts for a lot of the blame for why things don't seem to change much in this issue. The powers that be can't help anyone without hurting a bunch of others; because the range of needs are such polar opposites.

Yet another symptom of our fractured society, unfortunately.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance