Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Man's best friend

Have you had one before? @redheaded

@Former-Member I grew up with them. My dad still has our last one, he's so old now (nearly 16) but he's still puppy like. I don't know what my dad would do when he dies

FB_IMG_1486516074675.jpg

Former-Member
Not applicable

He will leave paw prints on his heart @redheaded. I have a dog.  I get sad thinking about when she will go. Dogs can never be replaced but the joy of an innocent new puppy or rescuing a dog that has a lot of love to give can certainly help to ease the pain of losing mans best friend

Hi @Former-Member, I too have 3 fur kids, since the last of our kids moved out last July our fur family has taken a more significant role in my life, help fill that void perhaps.

I agree with your sentiments, when we decide to take responsibility for a four legged family member we know they will not live as long as us, but we choose to do so never the less, for the many years of joy we can share.  As you say, all things must come to an end, but we're in it for the journey and be lucky enough to live a better life with them in our lives.

Ellie

This is an oldie but a goodie...

PS: I have two imaginary fur babies (because I live in an apartment that doesn't allow pets!)
One is a sausage dog called 'Silly' (Get it... silly sausage) and the other is some sort of German Sheppard x Collie and his name is Baxter 🙂
I always come across great puppy vids, so I will remember to post them here next time!

hahaha @NikNik Toby nearly got called Baxter but one of my students at the time called their new dog Baxter so I thought that was not such a good idea - but Toby suits my little buddy so well so I am really glad I called him that Smiley Happy

@NikNik 

I'm too young to vote Mummy...

Photo-0541.jpg

...and too tired to care!!!

Photo-0543.jpg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance