Skip to main content

Re: Let`s Talk -- how was you day today !!

@maddison , tag me anytime  my friend  xxx xxx

I am here for you anytime  

Anytime you want to chat,  we are here for you 

@Adge , @Former-Member , @Determined , @Faith-and-Hope , @Anastasia 

Hello my @Adge  xoxo how are you  today 

Hello @Anastasia  how are you tonight  xx  

Hello @Jynx , @Jupiter , @Former-Member 

Hello @Shaz51 

You really are wonder woman my friend ❤️❤️❤️

Hello @maddison welcome, I'm happy you feel a little better being here. It's helped me just not to feel so alone, always happy to chat hun X

Hello @Adge @Faith-and-Hope @Former-Member @Determined 💜💙♥️❤️

Hello @Shaz51 Your plant/ flower pictures, butterflies & frogs are lovely.

Your garden must look amazing - at least I imagine that it does...

Adge

Hi @Anastasia I am a big fan of Roses - love Heritage (Old World) Roses especially.

So your Avatar picture of pink roses, appeals to me.

Adge

Hi @Shaz51 @Anastasia 

Thankyou for your support. I really need it right now.

I don't want to burden you with all my problems! I don't really have many, I'm just at a complete loss as to how to help my good friend who is off medication.

We live together. He has schizophrenia. I cannot force him to take meds & health professionals who have spoken to him have assessed him as being ok 

I am watching him progressively decline. It has only been over a week. Based on past experience, at about 3 weeks he starts to become very sick.

He is difficult to be around at moment. His moods are unstable & yesterday was scary.

I am trying to prevent hospitalization, or even just decline in mental state, but there is nothing I can do. I literally have to wait for him to get really bad ( of course I hope he doesn't, but I'm sure he will) 

It is breaking my heart to see someone I care about become different, & 'totured' by illness. It also overwhelming for me to deal with his anger.

Thankyou for reading. 

Maddison

Hello @maddison 

Oh that is such a lot to deal with. I am sorry to hear. I can relate as my son has schizoeffective disorder as his main diagnosis but also battles with other demons. Day to day I never know what to expect as his moods change frequently. He's never violent or aggressive thank goodness, in fact he has a beautiful nature, something under the circumstances I am eternally grateful for.  His doctors have been adjusting his meds for over two and a half years but still not right yet. He's 19 so my input is limited and his current dr dismisses me at times which makes me mad.

You are a good friend supporting your friend. I take my hat off to you. It's never easy and plays havoc with our own mental health. I really hope he gets the right help and things improve for you both. My son lies about taking his at times so I know how hard it is when they are not medicated. Thinking of you hun x

Hello @Shaz51 ♥️

Hello @Adge , I love roses too. My favourite flowers are tulips and sunflowers 🙂🌷🌞

hello and hugs @Anastasia@maddison HeartHeart

sending you understanding hugs 

@greenpea 

Hello @Anastasia,
Thanks a lot for your reply. It does help to know I'm not alone. Thank you very much for your compassion and taking the time to write. I know for me it can be difficult & time consuming, but it does help to know their are others in community exactly like me. I feel so hopeless & desperately alone when things are struggling as they are now. So, THANK U 🙂 I'm so sorry to hear about your son. I completely agree it plays havoc with our own mental health. I try to be mindful, & create with purpose activities for my sanity & self care, but it still does affect me. I am only one person after all & sometimes severe mental illness requires a community, which I am currently lacking. Its scary & overwhelming. I am happy to hear your son has a beautiful nature. It gives me hope & reminds me how badly some people with mental health issues are stereotyped as bad, or dangerous. I believe my friend is kind & loving at heart, but I worry that the enormity & weight of illness can become overbearing for his mind to cope & results in short temper, paranoia & other negative symptoms. I will just have to go day by day. Sorry if that was a lot! I'm finding writing it out, makes my relax a bit.