Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: not feeling good

Oh dear @Razzle that is not good news at all. That is the last thing you needed. Will you need surgery or just a cast?

@Zoe7 Won’t know until xrays tomorrow

I hope you don't need surgery @Razzle and it is a clean break. Will you be spending the night in hospital?

@Zoe7 No, heading home now 

I hope it isn't too painful for you tonight @Razzle Let us know how you go tomorrow with the xray. Will be thinking of you Heart

OMG @Razzle thst is terrible. How did it happen? You must have been in a lot of pain you poor thing. I’m sorry this has happened. That’s all you needed. 

Thsnkyou for letting me know and fir thinking of me. 

are you in hospital or home?

wush I was with you now to help you. Hubby will have to help you. 

Pls let me know how you are. 

Thinking of you my friend ❤️❤️❤️

@BlueBay, I was sent home in a splint last night with a pack of pain killers, but I’m heading back to a larger town today for xrays and to see orthopaedic surgeon.  I was walking down steps on a trail, got to the bottom step and steeped down on my left foot, it wasn’t a heavy landing and I didn’t roll it but there was an all mighty crack and I went down like a bag of $hit.  My husband had to hike up a bit higher to get a phone signal and called an ambulance and the SES arrived and carried be out on a stretcher, that’s after the ambo’s gave me enough morphine to handle the bumpy ride out.  Took 3 hours from the time ambo arrived until I got to hospital.  The pain was INCREDIBLE !! I’ll take child birth over that any day.

I’ll keep you posted after I get X-ray results, hopefully some time this afternoon, it will take me 2 1/2hrs to get to the bigger hospital from home.

Hope you are feeling better today, I was really worried about you yesterday but was happy to read last night that you had reached out for help.  Speak to you soon ❤️❤️

Thanks @Zoe7.  Pain killers aren’t real effective at the moment, only slept between 4am and 5am.  About to head back to a bigger hospital in the next 1/2hr or so

That really sucks for you @Razzle It must be so painful Smiley Sad I hope you don't need surgery but no doubt you will be on crutches for many weeks either way. Goodluck with the xray - will be thinking of you today Heart

Hi @BlueBay @Zoe7  And anyone else floating around.  Just had X-ray, ankle is broken.  Just waiting to see ED dr and then get a cast on and hopefully I’m out of here

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance