Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Raising Awareness of BPD - Flipping the Script

Hi @BlueBay and @HenryX ,

Thank you for posting. Makes so much sense.

I appreciate your honesty @BlueBay , and I can resonate with so much of what you are saying. I also stayed home most of my childhood. Just like you, no backchatting, no swearing, no friends coming over, no sleepovers, no parties.... however, I didn't know better so I thought it was a normal childhood. I in no way blame my parents. But while working with my psychologist, I am beginning to understand that my BPD is linked with to my upbringing and home life....in order to recover, I had to work with these issues and learn to accept them. Not condone them...but accept that it has happened.

@HenryX , I appreciate your valid, detailed responses. Thank you.

BPDSurvivor

BPDSurvivor

Hello @BlueBay 

I think that it is for me to apologise to you, because of the way that I sometimes write things. I can tell you that I am not "over-educated". I did not pass Leaving Cert in Victoria, which was then the year before Matriculation for university entrance. I did a mature age matriculation, but couldn't handle Uni studies. Some might say that I was just lazy. Others, who knew me, might have understood that there were circumstances that really distracted me from studies. The knowledge, that I have acquired and gathered, has been from people with whom I have worked and the few other hobbies, interests and organisations that I enjoyed doing or being a part of.

With what I have written to and for you, may I suggest that you read a paragraph at a time. If you have any questions about the information or ideas in that paragraph, Please, just ask me. I am more than happy to discuss and tease out the meaning of what I have written for you. In fact because I want you to have the information that I offer, and which I would like you to be able to use, it is really important to me that we succeed. And it may be good for both of us.

Don't tell @Sophia1 , but i'm going to pinch one of her statements, and just re-word it a little. I hope that I do not complicate it with my changes. I am sure you will remember reading her original, which I think is very true. Here goes;

{Of course Sophia will know that I have borrowed her words because I have added her forum address. But I hope that she will not mind.}

The person, with whom you are speaking, is the one who needs to change their answer or words. They may not have understood you, or where you are at. They have to keep on changing their answers, or words, until you understand the meaning, that they wish to convey, or pass on to you.

That is in no way a reflection on your intelligence or integrity.

It is they who need to give you the information and ideas; they have the issue and the responsibility to convey, in a way that is clear to you, the information or idea(s) that they wish you to know.

Those last four words are, to my way of thinking, really important.

I hope that you will be happy and feel free to ask me any questions about what I have posted, anything that we have discussed or anything else that may interest you.

I have one other thing that I would like you to consider. I have started up a thread that is just a fun place to be. Lots of different ideas are included and it is pleasant and free-wheeling. The thread is called:

"Henry's Landing Strip & Hangar"

and you can go there with the link in the name above. It is just for pleasant enjoyment, no heavy stuff. There are pictures of planes and roses and moonlit nights, kittens and countrysides, images of the ocean and "delivery cats", {you'll know what I mean when you see it} the imagination runs wild, military Landrovers and rose petals, and a photograph of the wife of Mumi's cousin, sitting, knitting in the snow with someone with a rifle nearby, we believe, in case of polar bears.

Now I am a relatively recent convert to the land of fantasy and dreaming, but that is largely what this thread is about. If you would lke to have a look, I hope that you might find it appealing, enjoy the interaction with other members and quite a different style of writing.

With My Very Best Wishes

@HenryX 

Thanks as always @HenryX  for your kind words snd support. From now on if I don't understand I will ask you. 
im crying but don't know why. 
Im lucky to have you and others on here to chat to 

xxxx

Hi @BlueBay 

I am pleased that you responded so quickly. I just went in to tidy some of my words and when I re-posted You were already there.

As I have said, there is no reason to pass information to you that you may not understand. It is up to both of us to work through any difficulties.

Hoping also that you will consider the "Hangar" to come and spend some time. I hope that you would find it appealing.

Best Wishes

@HenryX 

Hi @Judi9877 Your blanket is amazing! As my grandmother would say, your "tension" is perfect. Have you been knitting long?

@Rhye do you do knitting 

I don't but love seeing what members make @Judi9877 

@Shaz51 I do, though nothing too fancy. My grandmother taught me as child and unfortunately it's a skill I don't have as much time to practice these days, so that's why it's lovely to see the knitting creations of other members, like @Judi9877 Smiley Happy

It's inspired me to get my knitting kit out!

@Rhye @Shaz51 @BlueBay @Faith-and-Hope @HenryX @Judi9877

I can knit the basics, but when I see what my sister can knit, I decide knitting is not for me!

Her knitting is perfect perfect. She knits vests, jumpers, collars, scarves, bed socks, beanies, kids' clothes....

Im a goal-oriented person which means I knit because I want the product. However, for others, it is the process involved that gives them the most satisfaction. Research shows that the repetitive movement involved with knitting actually has a therapeutic effect.

Happy for anyone to share their work.

@BlueBay , do you think you are a goal- or process-oriented person? ie when you make your eye masks, do you focus on finishing them, or you do it for comfort? Or both?

And what about others? Goal or process-oriented?

@Rhye , @BPDSurvivor 

My grandmother  tried to teach me to knit but I was no good 

BUT my grandmother taught me how to cook like her ( my mum can not cook too god )🤣😂

Love cooking different things 

Hi @HenryX 

Just letting you know that I have acknowledged your long and detailed writings but I will get back to having a proper reading of them after this weekend is over when I finally submit my uni assessment task. I'm currently snowed under with detailed journal articles for a major essay which needs to be done so please do not be upset that I have not replied to your posts. I will definitely get back to them!

Take care!

Judi9877☺️🌸

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance