Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Needing to chat, to anyone, about anything.

I've got friends coming over soon and I'm so anxious about it.

Arrgghhh! Why do I get so anxious about everything and everyone! I hate hosting events.

Anyone want to chat about the weather to distract me?

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Needing to chat, to anyone, about anything.

Hi @Former-Member

What is the weather like at your place?

Me too when hosting I'm a wreck @Former-Member. Sitting at beach and the sun is shining. Dog is wet and happy. Kids are chilling. For now life is ok

Hi @Former-Member. Here in country Victoria we are sopping wet. Had to move our biggest fundraiser of the year from our stunning parkland onto the town streets this year.
But amazingly - the sun has been out all day. Wouldn't have guessed it.
more rain expected from 5 pm. Our creeks and some roads already flooded.
Not sure where you live, but I hope you're dry

It's warm and sunny near Canberra as well. Just a light breeze but the ground is so soggy. It's really glorious to see the sun once more @Former-Member. Holding your hand Bec. 💕

@Former-Member. Thunder and lighting now. Gotta love Victoria - 4 seasons in 1 day. Lol.
I hope your anxiety has settled down now.

Thanks guys- weather was beautiful here, kids playing in the backyard, dumplings and vino apleanty.
I'm starting to realize all the different situations I get anxious in. It's a lot. Never thought of myself as an anxious person.

@Former-Member. Sounds like you managed your get together despite your anxiety. Doesn't mean the anxiety isn't there, but that diversions and other steps may be helping. Well done

Wow @Former-Member! That's an awesome realisation! This same thing - realising I had a genuine anxiety problem - was the final step to recovery for me.

With the addition of an antidepressant that's also very effective for anxiety and.... I have worked incredibly hard for many years. I'm so glad I just kept on trying and trying to find the person that I was born to be. 🎶💕🎶

Thanks kurra - I was thinking about all the errands I didn't run cause driving and crowds cause me anxiety. I'd never thought about all the things I don't do cause of anxiety.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance