Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Queenie
Community Elder

In mourning of my life

Here I sit surrounded by packing boxes, packing my meagre possessions reading to move in with my gf. I'm scared, really scared. What if it all goes belly up? Sorting through memories and throwing out tons of garbage, throwing away lots of bad memories with it I hope.

I feel so sad. I'm mourning the losses tonight.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: In mourning of my life

Packing up is never easy @Queenie. It brings all sorts of memories back to the surface. Good and bad.
Can you turn your thoughts around so you see this as a new start rather than looking at possible negatives that may never occur.
Thinking of you.
Luv n Hugzzz 💕

I'm trying to @Kurra. I'll get there in the end I'm sure. It's just the here and now which is hard. It's complicated by a flare up in my hallucinations at the moment. Things are moving waaaay too fast for me I think. 

Thanks for thinking of me 😄

@Queenie. I remember it can be a little scary moving in with a Partner. And although it can be hard - you need to try and stay focused on now - today - this minute. Worrying about the future doesn't do anything. It doesn't make the future better or worse. It just makes your 'now' worse.
Congratulations on this next step in your relationship. Yes it can be a leap of faith. But it also needs to be celebrated! !!.
I'm very happy for you. And I wish you and your girlfriend a wonderful and contented life together

Thanks for your wishes @utopia. You are so right about making the now worse. I do tend to catastrophise some situations because of past experiences. However, I shouldn't let past traumas be my guide for the future either, otherwise my future won't be a very enjoyable one.

I'm a lot more relaxed now I am at 'home' back at my gf's place away from the packing boxes overwhelming me. Actually that word 'overwhelming' describes a lot how I felt last night and largely how I feel right now. I suppose it's a good thing I can actually put a finger on the word... something that was impossible last night.

@Queenie. We all can worry about the future or the what if's. It's a perfectly normal reaction when we get overwhelmed.
And because there are curve balls in life - it's good to be reminded from time to time to refocus on Now.
How fantastic that you can now recognise and name the emotion you are feeling.
I've had times when I've cried because I've been able to name a new feeling - & because I can feel it. It's a great achievement

I echo what everyone is saying here.

What I like to do when I move is bring the wheelie bin into the living room. Then I can just chuck whatever I don't want immediately. It feels so liberating.And it's more efficient then filling up bags and then taking them outside over and over. Definitely worth a go I reckon. 

Thank you @utopia. Last night I would of been totally unable to recognise and name emotions at all. The power of hindsight eh?

@mrkotter my neighbours go through my bins, so I'm investing in a shredder first and then the wheelie bin is getting a good workout! 🙂

Well done @Queenie. Try and remember that. Tomorrow always comes around.
I'm off to bed. Exhausted.
Enjoy your new home together. ♥♥♥♥
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance