Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

SC22
Casual Contributor

Hello all, i am new to this forum thanks to a wonderful councilor who has just settled me down after waking in tears and feeling like i have nothing t

Hello to everyone please forgive my mistakes as i am not computer savy, but will try and send a proper message after i wipe my nose from crying so much, i am grateful that i was given this site so i wont be alone.  Hope to see some stories that can help me and hope mine will help you too. Chat soon. Hugs from SC22 x

Content/trigger warning

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Hello all, i am new to this forum thanks to a wonderful councilor who has just settled me down after waking in tears and feeling like i have nothi

Hi @SC22 Welcome to the Forums - so glad you found us! It sounds like you've been feeling pretty alone lately. Well I hope the Forums here can be a safe and welcoming place for you to visit, where you can hang out with new friends. Have you just recently started seeing this counsellor who referred you here? How has it been going with them so far? Look forward to hearing more of your story 🙂

Re: Hello all, i am new to this forum thanks to a wonderful councilor who has just settled me down after waking in tears and feeling like i have nothi

Hi @SC22 💕
It's good that you found SANE forums. I hope that chatting on here will help you feel less alone.
🌷🌺🌻

Hi @Former-Member
Thank you so very much for everything 🌹🌷🌺🌻 I have already posted a few things on a post about sleeping to much and been alone that touched my heart , you have touched my heart so much and I'm ever so grateful I made that call . Sending you lots love that's just me its all bottled inside 💗💞

wtg @SC22, this might be a good place to post your story. Sounds like your x & adult children don't value but hope we can help you see that you ARE important and highly valued community member eith much to offer. Can i ask you (don't have to say), is there a story behind your user name and picture here?

Hi @Former-Member, haven't forgotten you, hope youre holding up?

Welcome to the forums @SC22,

It's wonderful to see the lovely warm welcomings from @SC22 @Former-Member and @Mosaic, and many others that have welcomed you on here so far. 

I also just wanted to chime in to say 'hello!' and to let you know about our online dinner that we do every Friday, which starts around 7pms here. If you want, come along! Bring along a virutal plate of food, and mingle with the others. Hope to see you there!

Hey @Former-Member thanks for the kind words , I have had to stop trying to punish myself with my adult kids as far as the X I was explained by a very good person I met who understood abuse ect that it wasn't real only on paper , example when anyone tries to say my ex husband I totally shiver and hate the word , I was a child myself and sadly my daughter now 32 has her fathers nature , when she was younger it was all me giving giving giving until she turned 18 her father bought her love and forbid her to come near me , but she is an adult and it hurts how bad I'm treated.. Sorry I keep going as I have so much bottled inside and my story is not just about my kids .. The SC22 is my initials to my name , the number 2 was my favourite as a child , then in 1992 I would always see the numbers 11:11 yer I know I sound loopy , but I would see them on a digital clock regardless of the time for many many years ( another story ) so then I would see 2 &2 and 1+1 =2 then put them together 22 .. Forgive me I'm no good at maths or education was not allowed school , so I now use the number 22 .. Hope I answered your question if that's what you asked , oh gee I honestly do not know how to start my proper discussion ?? I am also writing a book well have been over 15 years just everytime I try life throws me punches that knock me down over and over 👊🏽🙈🙈 anyhow I really appreciate your kindness and hope now my lonely nights won't be so lonely
Oh as for the photo of an internet hug .. I don't get hugs and love hugs so I guess I want to give who ever I can on here a big HUG 💗💗💗 xxxxxx

@SC22 I'm so glad that you feel comfortable sharing your story on here.
It's very sad to hear what you have been through. Keep writing if it's helping you.
Most people on here are very caring and understanding.
We all have a story.
I'm on and off here, cooking soup for dinner.
Sending you a big hug back. 💕💜🌹🌸🌺

People often chat on a post called the Beer Garden (me too). Sometimes on Night Shift and later at 7pm people chat on Friday Night Feast.
But if you don't feel like joining in on there, feel free to chat on here. 👍💗

Hi @Former-Member Big hug to you too. 💜💕

Hi @CS22, yes, i know that feeling when survival demands we just have to stop pushing ourselves onto our adult kids. Give them enough space, get yourself well, at peace and busy again and they will come round. Fingers crossed. Sometimes i fake it with my son, so it doesn't hurt so much (easy over the phone), we'll get there. A handful of people here on the forums have helped me see its not all my fault. It's just them all grown up finding their own way, own mind, own choices and values.

Hmm, as for the x, maybe we should NOT talk about him. Don't want to trigger a PTSD reaction. Sounds like he was never really a loving H to you. Shame the kids tend to side with money.

It hurts to lose a daughter or feel like you've lost her. Whatever happened to 'friends for life' ? @Appleblossom can relate to your story too, and many others, its just not fair, especially after what you so aptly describe as years of 'giving, giving, giving' to feel slapped in the face, betrayed, abandoned and dishonoured. Is that how it feels for you too? No wonder you get angry, it attacks everything you hold dear. And it hurts. I think i get it.

Like the reasons behind your username, makes sense to me. And I like 2's too (&4's&8's). And gosh, i so relate to the double digits reappearing. Googled it once and numerologists say during those times we see them a lot - are going through a "life changing transformation into a deeper more meaningful existence" (hmm, could mean lots of things, what do you think?). Oh, and ya don't have to be good at maths to know 2+2=22 lol (suck it up all you OCD mathematicians out there lol). Sorry, CS22, havecto warn you i have these outbursts of attempts at humour sometimes, and moods but you'll get to know me. Also love that you're pic is about hugzz, plenty of them going around here. Something tells me you're gonna fit in real well. 💞👍

Don't get too lost in detail on how to introduce yourself, you've already disclosed a lot today. Maybe slowly tell us more about your hobbies, responsibilities, health and passions. Remember you're anonymous.

We do have much in common, i too have tried to write my life story as long but find it too confronting and get distracted by life's curveballs, daily disorganisation etc. Being creative does require us to be centred. These are things i'd like to ask when ya up to it. Not all at once:
- do you think you have PTSD? or another MI
- Are you seeing a psychologist?
- is your physical health ok?
- what support do you have, no matter how small
- do you have a pet?
- do you have any hobbies?
- Whats your favourite dish?

Will you be posting something on the Friday Feast thread tonight? Think its 7pm. Maybe see you there 😉

Big HUGZZ BackAtYa 🙂 💗💗💗 xxxxxx
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance