Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Ayet
Casual Contributor

Enlighten needed

This morning I woke up feeling hopeless. Then, I started comaparing my life to my friends, they have their own houses, I don't. Theya have husbands that provided them well. I have a good husband he pay the rent and I pay the groceries, and all the bills including childcare fee. My friends get to enjoy their lives, they get to travel and relax. I don't. They get to save money, I don't! They don't have anxiety and feeling depressed. I do! I get really jealous now. I didn't have these feelings. Please, enlighten me!!! I feel more depressed now than yesterday.
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Enlighten needed

Hi @Ayet
Its hard when lots of other people appear to have so much more than you do.
Some of these friends have their own homes. I wonder how much money they have to pay for their houses. They will have huge debts.

Do they really manage to save money or are they paying for all their travel and holidays with a credit card? If they are using a credit card that would mean even more debt.

What we see on the outside is a bit like the walls and roof of a house. We can see the outside of the house but we don't know what's happening inside.

Your friends might seem happy and successful on the outside but you just don't know how they really feel. Sometimes it's a good idea to sit down and think.about all the things and wonderful people you do have in your life. You might be surprised how much you do have.

This helped me a lot when I was feeling jealous of the people around me. Do let us know how you are managing. 💕🎶

Hi @Ayet

Welcome to the forums ....

I am glad you have found us here.

You are not alone in the way that you feel, and it can really help to talk to someone about it to help you see past it to more positive things in your life.

Well done on managing your finances the way you are, paying all the bills.  That's a great achievement.  And you are managing childcare as well, building a future for your family.

Life doesn't always stay the same, even if sometimes we feel a bit stuck.  Come and chat with us here whenever you are feeling that way.  It can really help.

🌷💜

@Kurra, I shouldn't be feeling this way. I never felt this way before. My good friend rung me and asked how I've been. It was over 30 minutes call at the end of it she reminded me that she is just a phonecall away. I am very lucky to have her as my friend. I should be thankful rather being jealous. So far, all my wishes did came true even it was difficult but I made it. I just wish I don't have this illness but thankful I have my daughters to inspired me in my difficult time. Thank you so much for taking time to read and reply my posts. You take care!!!

@Faith-and-Hope, thank you for replying to my post. Yes, it is difficult, I get more anxious to be feeling jealous, thoughts are popping in. I still manage to controll it but my body already reacted to my negative thoughts. I work 4 days a week. I am lucky to have supportive work environment. I just wanted to be feeling okay, getting up in the morning and so looking forward to what day's ahead. I know it'll get better. I have been to this position many times and I managed to be okay.

I'm pleased you have someone you can phone if you need to @Ayet. I enjoy talking to you through our posts Ayet. I promise you that I will take care.
You look after your beautiful children and take care of Auet too.
Hugzzz 💕

Hi, just my three cents worth (got a raise this week)...

One thing that I think is actually a blessing with Mental Illness in a really warped sense of way is that we actually DO appreciate what we have. It is as though we are not caught up in the wheel and gears of life where everyone seems to have their heads stuck in the sand where the goal is education, money, house, family, kids death. Sorry to be so simplistic, but we get taught to live in the moment, to take and savor the good moments, to focus on the little and try and improve where we can. I feel we are more in touch with ourselves and our feelings and not so lost in the dream that society says we have to live in order to be happy.

I'm not sure this is coming out right but I'm trying to say it takes a lot less for the mentally ill to savor the moment because they appreciate it more. To you and me, waking up in the morning not depressed and feeling good is the same feeling that someone has to go and buy a new car and pay off for the next five years in order to get.

Where do I put the disclaimer regarding putting my foot in my mouth??

I'm hearing you @Blitter2016 ..... living one day at a time, in the moment, is a skill people who are either living in the past, or so far in the future they are out of touch with the here and now .... and ironically ..... many are going to psychologists to learn how to do that because they have everything they want, but nothing they need .....

🌷💜

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance