Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Advice needed: telling a new partner about psychotic symptoms

Don't be sorry at all @Bettinae21!

To other people in my life, I have been able to just describe very clearly what I hear during a hallucination, and how that affects me; e.g., I can't focus on other people talking to me at the same time, I might turn around because the voice is coming from behind me, etc. 

Generally, people just take my word for it and try to help where they can. Sometimes, people who I often talk to about it, might get frustrated and suggest that I just need to "get through it". I.e., they're frustrated because they don't understand what I'm going through, and don't know how to help me. This is often a reminder for me not to overload other people with my stuff. E.g., is it absolutely necessary for me to tell my sister (who I live with), that I am hearing voices / have heard a voice? I try and be more wary of this type of thing now. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance