Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Mindfulness

Hi @BPDSurvivor not a problem! Oh mindfulness class sounds fun! Do many people attend? I certainly agree about the distractions of every day life. Yes practice is the key. Ahh cool I haven't heard of that app I will check it out - it sounds great 🙂
Hope you have a great night!

Hi forum friend @pinklollipop15 ,

Different numbers attend the mindfulness classes. Perhaps 2-5? And there are 2 facilitators. Each week we go through content and mindfulness activities.

I've actually learnt a lot from the classes. There's a different topic each week such as mindfulness in handling emotions, sensory mindfulness, mindful eating, interpersonal mindfulness...

Some days I find the classes difficult because I've got so much on my mind. But I embrace the opportunity to sit and harness my mind. I think it's good training for self awareness.

Hear from you soon,

BPDSurvivor

Hi @BPDSurvivor
It sounds great!
I never have looked into the different types of mindfulness in the way you have described.
I like to do mindful walking, mindful eating, mindful washing up hahaha. .. so many ways to do it!

Yes! @pinklollipop15 !

When was the last time you mindfully had a shower? To really feel the water? - I know I hardly ever!

I enjoy mindful walking - I count the number of sounds I hear, or the shades of green I see.

I'm practising mindful eating so as to be able to receive cues from my body about how much to eat, otherwise I tend to overeat. I hardly even taste my food because I eat so fast!

Do you have any mindfulness acitivities to share? I'd be interested to see what else is out there. 

BPDSurvivor

Hi @BDPSurvivor most nights I do a shower like that. I think when I walk I focus on my feet some of the time but also just look around and really notice whats going on with the birds and trees (plenty of birds here). Yes mindful eating is great.
I like to colour in, meditation like a beach meditation or just breathe meditation, gratitude lists..
Hope you have a great day!

The American-based 'Headspace' app is even more extensive than Smiling Mind...I found that I exhausted all the 'sleep'-related meditations on Smiling Mind pretty quickly. Just be mindful that it's a paid app, but personally I think it's well worth the investment!

Hi @Spirit_Healer 

Thankyou for the tip. I usually use YouTube a lot of different meditations on there and best of all its free! Jason Stephenson is an Australian sleep meditation teacher he has some wonderful meditations. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance