Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Living with Ourselves

@eudemonism  Is it like dissociation, or something completely different.?

@Maggie 

I think I've got more going on then my 2 original diagnoses. What is dissociation? I'm not sure what it is...

Eude 

@Sophia1  Yes codswolop. I had no idea till my social worker mentioned it to me. I’m not a talker, always been a listener. But very recently I’m getting sick of my few words being treated invisibly.  Feels like people are waiting for me to finish my sentence, so they can say their important stuff, was going to put a bad word in there, but you will get it. Smile. 😁😁

I so enjoy talking with my social worker, because we talk and we listen to each other. Not waiting to have our say, but we communicate.

You never have to apologise @Sophia1  you don’t drag me down, the things that have happened in my life do that.

My mind has gone blank, so sending these and a high five. 💜💕💜💕💜💕

@eudemonism  I’ve put a post up explaining what dissociation is, I’ll t ag you over there and you can read, or not read, if you find it helpful.

@Exoplanet wrote:

You speak of me being an inspiration & helping you, I'm very glad.
You are an inspiration & you are helping me! Thank you Heart
It's good you've kept hospital at bay . . . & you talk about me having strength!
Let's believe in each other, as well as ourselves Heart
Love & friendship to you @Sophia1  Heart

so lovely @Exoplanet  thank you 

yes love and friendship lovely to share 💜

@Maggie 

I had to smile at others waiting to finish your sentence.

my experience has often been that they don't even wait...interrupt in fact...

yes bad words make great adjectives that other words come nowhere close to describing..

as long as they are not directed at anyone of course..I know that you would never do that..

I am pleased to read that you have a good connection with your social worker and can communicate with ease..

high five back...would not have a clue what the emoji for that looks like

love and friendship to you also @Maggie 

hello @eudemonism 

just checking to see how you are feeling...

you have been coming across as very tired and struggling to get stuff done..

I read that you are unwell physically as well..which of course exasperates all of our emotional issues...

zapping your energy..

resting is the best thing as well  as keeping up fluids in particular water..

take care

speak again

love and friendship to you also @eudemonism as with @Exoplanet and @Maggie 

Sophia 💜

@Sophia1 

Yea it's part physical sickness, part just how life is, part medication side effects and part common theme. 

I'm going through good and bad phases ... and good and bad days... it's very monotonous i must say...

Eude 

Hello @eudemonism 

Having so many parts of this that and the other takes up far too much energy..

I am not doing too well myself and am having to use prn and increased medication leaving me very lethargic the next day..

I know that your situation is as a result of long term side effects from medication ...

You did mention that you have good and bad phases, days which brings a smile to my face knowing that you are continuing to be a survivor..

Here's to both of us finding some cheer no matter how small or for how long..

big hug 
Eude 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance