Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

outlander
Community Guide

grounding techniques

hi everyone

im in need of some grounding techniques

can anyone give me some ideas and maybe examples too

6 REPLIES 6

Re: grounding techniques

@outlander I super like to lie prostrate on the carpet. I like to feel the solid floor beneath me and feel the pattern in the carpet.

A quick search of the forum shows this thread here that might help @outlander. Some great ideas there.

I like sitting with a straight back, legs crossed, hands on knees with palms facing up and eyes gently open, not closed but not quite completely open, almost as though you're about to fall asleep. Then listening to my breath and counting from 10 -0, 9-0, 8-0 and so on until you reach 1 then starting again. 

Sounds like meditation @patrikT 🙂
Im glad it helps you

Welcome to the forums too btw. I hope you find being here is welcoming and supportive

I find the tricky thing is maintaining a partially ungrounded-but-not-too-ungrounded state. Too dissociated and I can't function but too grounded and I also can't function for different reasons. It's really hard to have that degree of control.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance