Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

Phoenix_Rising
Senior Contributor

Getting the hang of using the forums

Hi,

I am trying to get the hang of how to "drive" the forums Smiley Happy Within a thread, posts appear in chronological order, right? Is there a way I can make them appear with the most recent first, and going back in time (they currently do it the other way around). Also, if I attempt to respond to a particular post in the middle of a thread, my post appears at the end of the thread doesn't it. That is, you can't respond directly to a post that sits in the middle of a thread. So...I need to say @so-and-so if I want the person to see that I have responded to them? That's all my questions for now...I will probably have more as I keep exploring the forums Smiley Happy

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Getting the hang of using the forums

Hi @Phoenix_Rising

you are right about the way the ordering is working and no you can't change it. Yes, your posts always appear in chronological order, there is no way to answer one specific post. Most people use the @ symbol to refer to particular people or use quotes from their posts to reference directly if needed. It does take some getting used to 🙂

Hope you are finding the content of the forums useful though. I've gotten used to the layout and like it now.. but i havent used other forums so... not sure if its better/worse etc. 

take care 🙂

Re: Getting the hang of using the forums

Hello @Phoenix_Rising @Former-Member

Following threads has been very confusing for me especially at times when mind in a very bad place.

I agree with everything that you have stated.

A moderator showed me how to use quote box on right hand side recently. Click on the quote box which will then quote the words of the post you are responding to in your reply making it so much more logical to read and to follow.

This helped me tremendously.

I hope it helps you.

welcome Phoenix

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance