Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Diannegrey59
New Contributor

My partner has ocd and a spectrum

Been with this guy for close on 12 years. I am 62 and he is 66 later this year . We both have own business and we barely spend day time together because he is busy doing gardening! He is know for been very frugal with money (also  he is extremely rich) but lives like a poor person. I won't go to his home because it's miserable at his home with only just put a heater in.  He is extra tidy at his home- but if he helps do dishes at my home  - he has domestic blindness. I was told that he has issues- he has very poor memory, he doesn't like buying anything. Doesn't do birthdays, Christmas etc he doesn't like giving, yet his family are given promises of houses . He wants to live in his dead dads bungalow at the back of 3 acres- which is beautiful. The point is I do love him ,trying to accept there are issues with him try to work with the issues, but I am loosing my patience and at my age don't know what to do ?  Really confused as I am a cochlear recipient, this is an issue for most that know me - I am pretty lay back, but he thinks I am a pest because of the disability. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: My partner has ocd and a spectrum

Hi @Diannegrey59 and welcome to the forum.

Sounds like an ambivalent kind of relationship with this man. I do not like that he sees you as a pest because of disability, especially since he seems a difficult person to love and be with himself. But since you love him, I am guessing there are good things about him too, hopefully about the way he treats you as well.

Relationships are so different one from the other so I do not wish to give advice there. Just to acknowledge that you are going through difficulties with this relationship and to say I am hearing you. It can get more complicated when, as with me, I am fairly dependent on my partner, due to my own mental and physical disabilities. It gets difficult between us about that sometimes. Mostly the bad far outweighs the good.

Wishing you well and hoping that others on the forum may respond with their own perspectives, such as @Shaz51 who cares for a partner with a mental health condition. Shaz is also great at bringing people together on the forum, and may be able to help with connecting to more of the reciprocal support many of us find here.

In the meantime, feel free to jump into any discussion thread that you are drawn to. Using the search bar on the main page of the Lived Experience forum may help you find more info.

One final tip: if you wish to let any of forum member know you are speaking to them with a post, just use the @ symbol and select a member from the drop-down menu, or just type their username after the @. For example, if you write a response to my post here, it would look like @Mazarita.

Re: My partner has ocd and a spectrum

Ohh thank you  @Mazarita 

Hello @Diannegrey59 

@NatureLover  xxx 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance