Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Having a loved one with BPD // 21 Feb, 7pm AEDT

I agree @roses1 Heart

@Rockpool thank you so much for tonight xx

LOL as soon as a mental health professional says "he is just being attention seeking and manipilative" about my husband (and there have been lots lol) I straight away know they will be useless as they have a text book understanding of BPD and no idea of the reality.

There is SOOOO much stigma against BPD in the health professions it is disgraceful. More people are diagnosed BPD than Bi Polar2 and Schizophrenia together, health professions need to acknowledge BPD as CORE BUSINESS and NOT the too hard basket

Thanks so much SANE and @Rockpool. This forum has been one of the biggest helps during the last 6 months.

Couldnt agree more @Natty967, breaking the textbook understanding of BPD would be so valuable and and at the end of the day there needs to be a different perspective used when working with people with BPD. Behaviour needs to be seen more as a way someone is trying to get their needs met rather than attention-seeking or manipulative. Still many changes to be made but I am hopeful that things can continue to shift over time Smiley Happy

Your welcome @Shaz51 and @Holly. I am glad you have found the forums helpful Smiley Happy

Hi @r@roses1

My wife has also been told that she does not have mi and is just attention seeking and bein manipulative. This always makes me angry as it does not foster an attitude that seeks help. 

Just as one last thing before I go, there is another thread on the forums that you may find helpful. The thread is called Borderline Personality Disorder Tipe for Family and Friends and you can find this discussion here.

Enjoy the rest of your night everyone, hopefully doing something relaxing Smiley Happy

Thankyou SANE and @Rockpool for the discussion.it has been most helpful. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance