Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

nashy
Senior Contributor

Topic Tuesday // Being a Carer in a Regional Community // Tues 19th March, 7pm AEDT

PARTNER-CA-19THMARCH.png

Featuring a special guest from ARAFMI

Want to receive an email reminder on the night? Hit the 'Support' button below.

I'm new here - what is Topic Tuesday?

Topic Tuesday runs from 7pm - 9pm AEDT monthly. Each month we focus on a different topic, with the session facilitated by a Community Manager or Moderator. Sometimes Topic Tuesday will feature a special guest, who is an expert in the topic.

The first post of the thread (this one) will give you an idea of what the topic is and what will be covered.

How do I get involved?

Topic Tuesday takes place right here! It's text based, so no software is needed. During the session, to keep up with the latest posts hit the 'refresh' button on your browser for the latest posts (it doesn't automatically update). Keep an eye for page numbers at the top & bottom of the page, and jump to the highest page number for the most recent post.

Throughout the session, the facilitator will put questions out for you to answer, usually asking for your own experience on the topic. To contribute to the session, just hit the 'reply' button and share your thoughts. No answers are right or wrong and everyone is welcome to get involved.

If you have any questions about how to use the Forums, check out our Guides

95 REPLIES 95

Re: Topic Tuesday // Being a Carer in a Regional Community // Tues 19th March, 7pm AEDT

Hello everyone 👋 those that have clicked support - great to give you a shout out and hope you come and join in this evening! 

Heart @Determined  @Shaz51  @Former-Member @ME22  @Former-Member  @Former-Member  Heart

Welcome to tonight’s Topic Tuesday where we will be exploring life as a carer in a regional community. It can be very challenging for carer’s in urban areas, with the added obstacle of geopgraphical isolation navigating these waters can be extra challenging from time to time for our regional friends.

For those that haven’t joined us for a Topic Tuesday before (or maybe it’s been a while!) @Arafmi_Ltd  will be sharing some insights around this topic and shall prompt us with some questions to get your own insights and a community discussion happening throughout the night. You are also welcome to ask questions as we go!

Arafmi is a not for profit community organisation that has been providing quality services to the Queensland community for over 40 years. Their vision is to enhance the wellbeing of people with mental illness, their families, carers and volunteers.

So without further bantering from me - I'll hand over to our friend Andrea from @Arafmi_Ltd  to let us a little about herself before we kick off 🙂 

Re: Topic Tuesday // Being a Carer in a Regional Community // Tues 19th March, 7pm AEDT

Hi Everyone!

I’m Andrea, I help Non Profits deliver projects that give back to the community, my background is Brand and Marketing advising on strategy and corporate social responsibility. I work with Arafmi because I want to ultimately help and support carers take care of themselves and those that they love and care for with a mental health condition. Fun fact about me, I used to sing in an Abba Tribute band! 

thx looking forward to this one @nashy  

@Arafmi_Ltd 

Welcome @Former-Member ! Awesome re: ABBA, Andrea @Arafmi_Ltd  🙂 Which member were you?

We will wait a couple of minutes for members to settle in, then we will kick off with discussion point one!

Mamma mia Andrea @Arafmi_Ltd   and hello.

*waves to @nashy  @Former-Member 

@Former-Member  Welcome! Great to see you. Will kick off in a moment 🙂

giphy.gif

@nashy Benny Smiley Tongue

Kidding I was Frida 

Hi @nashy  + welcome Andrea @Arafmi_Ltd 

I might just watch quietly in the background tonight. Feeling a bit overwhelmed atm but looking forward to what tonight brings. 

@Former-Member Here we go again 🙂
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance