Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Powderfinger
Senior Contributor

Taking a break.

I did my talk this morning about my book. After that I came home and slept for two and a half hours. It did not go very well. Two of eight people turned up. That was fine by me. I truly did not mind. 

I don't know what to say. One of the attendees spoke very rudely to me. Apparently to him, I was waffling. He said he wasn't interested in my waffling and hearing about the things I've said. 

I was told I hadn't looked hard enough with my research and so on. Ahh well, it's only his opinion. It doesn't hold any real weight to me. I thanked them for attending, giving their time and wished them well. 

In saying that, I'm really over everything. I've got many problems of my own. So, it's time now to put the book aside and focus a lot more on me. I feel I'm in deep water, drowning. Struggling to stay afloat. Some things are no longer. I actually have no desire to talk to anyone. I'm just too damn tired and as indicated today, no one's interested in listening to me. 

I'm going to take a break from Sane for a bit. My decision to do that us not cause of anyone here or this place at all. I just feel bone tired and words are the only thing I've got left. Apparently they don't mean anything to others, so I'm done with that too. 

I need space. The way I see the world now is not great. I'm at a fork in the road and I need time. 

I'm still staying a member, just not going to be here for a bit. 

Thank you to everyone who has reached out and supported me over this last month (I think) lost track of time. 

I hope I made some small difference to others too. 

Ramble

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Taking a break.

@Powderfinger  Hi Ramble we barely met which is a shame. Try not to let others get on your nerves. Try and brush it off. Take good care of yourself and I hope to see you back in the near future. peaxxx

Hey there @Powderfinger,

We appreciate you letting us know you're feeling exhausted and need to save your energy. It's good to see you are giving yourself permission to step back and focus on yourself. We'll be here when you feel like coming back 🙂

Take care,

Sphinxly 🐣

@greenpea hey there. There will still be a chance down the road. This is temporary, not permanent. Just need a real break. Take care, Ramble. 

@Powderfinger  that is what I like to hear :Dxx

@Sphinxly Hi Sphinxly

Thanks for understanding. I will be back. No time frame. I will be back though. I need to find me. 

Take care. 

Ramble

@greenpea don't worry, I'm a person of my word. Later alligator. 

Ramble.

Sorry to hear that you got rude feedback about your talk @Powderfinger. That sucks when you'd been putting your effort into planning the book and the talk.

Although I've never posted a response to you before (pretty sure I haven't, anyway), I have felt interested in reading many of your posts.

It sounds like a healthy switch to focus on staying afloat for awhile. I hope you find some things that feel worthwhile and can get some of your energy back.

Hi @Powderfinger
I’m sorry to see you go from the forums but I understand you need to take time out for yourself. I really valued your input here on the forums.
Take care.
Judi9877

Hi @Powderfinger 

I wish you  the best for your break and hope you are able to find your feet and do return soon

I have enjoyed posting with you - you are an interesting person - certainly battling with the world right now

DecOwl be watching out for youOwl be watching out for you

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance