Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Supporting my partner

@Whitehawk @NiteKat @Shaz51 

Thank you all for the kind words. I am struggling to cope and will be seeing my GP today. 

I feel that I am at a fork in the road and for my own wellbeing I need to find the courage and strength to walk away. It is not what I want and I may not even have the strength to 'abandon' my partner, but at this point we will both drown.

There is a tremendous amount of guilt at considering leaving a good person that is unwell. The general opinion of my close family is that she should realistically be hospitalised and that I am enabling by constantly taking things on.

Again I appreciate the moral support, this is not an easy time

Re: Supporting my partner

@Whitehawk @NiteKat @Shaz51 

I am sorry, but I have an update and wanted some guidance. We have been out of contact for about a month and my partner (if I should still be calling her that), has now finally had a diagnosis of schizophrenia. She is desperate to return "home" and pursue treatment. As part of her "illness" she is/was extremely paranoid and made some awful allegations about me that were simply not true.

I love her, I care deeply for her. But she has been gone for nearly 4 months during which time tremendous damage has been done to the relationship. I have been working really hard on my own mental health and made tremendous progress.

I'm really on the fence.to be honest. I have part guilt and part a real desire to have her back in my life. I realise if we do agree to continue to pursue a relationship there will be a very long and difficult road ahead of us. Not least that almost all my friends and family advise me not to continue. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance