Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Jhaneylena
Senior Contributor

Struggling

How do you put into words how you are feeling and not coping.

Trying to reach out and getting no where.

Oh we’re having another episode.

Just want to go back to sleep.

Its peaceful there if no nightmares.

12 REPLIES 12
Gazza75
Senior Contributor

Re: Struggling

Hi @Jhaneylena , it can be a struggle to put into words. 

It takes courage to try and reach out for support. 

Keep trying 🙂 Heart

Razzle
Senior Contributor

@Jhaneylena  I understand just how hard it is to wrap your mouth around the words you sometimes just can’t find.  I had been seeing my councillor for CSA for around 3 or 4 months and still couldn’t get the words out, I couldn’t even tell him my story - I could cry a bucket load but couldn’t find the words.

In the end I put pen to paper and wrote everything down.  It took me an entire weekend to get it all on paper, but I didn’t feel quite so pressured or tongue tied because I could think about what I wanted to write and get it all straight in my head first.  

Once I wrote it all down I gave it to my councillor and let him read it so that he knew exactly what he was working with.  

Maybe writing it down may help you, even if nobody ever sees it, it just forces you to think it through in your own head and eventually find the right words.

I’m sorry to read that you are struggling, but don’t give up, keep reaching out for help, it can just be too hard to try and go it alone.

Hi @Jhaneylena. It can be so hard to reach out and to feel like you're getting nowhere. I find it hard to put things into words sometimes too. I'm sorry you experience nightmares. It also makes things hard 🙁

Do you have anyone to talk with who can support you to find those words or who can see you're reaching out?

I write down things and have taken with me to drs etc to show them and they’re are not interested and the same as my family- it’s like they think here we go again more reading

I think healthy people with regulated emotions would know exactly what was going on because when something makes them happy they are happy and upset they are sad, normal. When you become unregulated your emotions are making all the decisions! But they don’t even know why they are acting out either!  I say usually the answer is the most simplest and easy answer. There’s nothing wrong with you, your levels in your body are playing up. ( that’s if you can’t pinpoint a trauma or act that could have caused you pain)

Thankyou all trauma and pain

I hear you @Jhaneylena it is extremely hard to put into words what is going on in a chaotic mind. Nightmares that are vivid and feel real also tend to take a huge toll on being able to regulate emotions and responses to that. No one person can ever know everything that goes on in our head and it hurts to think or know that what you are feeling isnt valid or even heard. So I hear you and see you.

How can one heal. Where do you begin. I’ve been asking and searching since I was a teenager. It’s like I always end up with closed doors and then I get knocked for a 6 by another abuse of some form. Doesn’t stop.

@Jhaneylena It sounds like it has been a very long journey, and that you move forth with such resilience Heart Thank you for sharing your story with us. Are people behaving abusively toward you in your life? We're here to listen on this forum - it's a safe, non-judgemental space for everyone here. Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance