Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Not sure what to do !!!

when is your birthday @Anastasia Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

I know Mr Darcy would not manage living with my mum  @Shaz51 either in our house or her's. 

I know Mr Darcy would not manage living with my mum @Shaz51 either in our house or her's. ---- tottally the same here my @Former-Member Heart

makes it hard xx

Last day of he year @Shaz51  🥂💥💥💥🥂

❤️❤️❤️ @Shaz51 

"Today was a Difficult Day," said Pooh.

There was a pause.

"Do you want to talk about it?" asked Piglet.

"No," said Pooh after a bit. "No, I don't think I do."

"That's okay," said Piglet, and he came and sat beside his friend.

"What are you doing?" asked Pooh.

"Nothing, really," said Piglet. "Only, I know what Difficult Days are like. I quite often don't feel like talking about it on my Difficult Days either.

"But goodness," continued Piglet, "Difficult Days are so much easier when you know you've got someone there for you. And I'll always be here for you, Pooh."

And as Pooh sat there, working through in his head his Difficult Day, while the solid, reliable Piglet sat next to him quietly, swinging his little legs...he thought that his best friend had never been more right."

- A.A. Milne

Sending thoughts to those having a Difficult Day today and hope you have your own Piglet to sit beside you 🧡

FB_IMG_1597137983474.jpg

@Emelia8, I've been reading a few news articles about some of the areas that were firegrounds earlier this year, and now coping with flooding and/or wild weather while trying to deal with the virus... Big load. Lots of thoughts and prayers with you and your community. x

Also in the position where both Hubby and I have had to stop work due to our Older Daughter's MI. She doesn't live at home, but having to be available for repeated crises wears you down over time. We're both "creatives" so were self-employed working from home, but there's still social circles connected with that kind of work, and one odd thing is that there's less of a dividing line between "employed/not employed". You cut back and slow down until eventually you realise it's gone so far that there's no foreseeable prospect of being able to "pick up" to the point where you can actually earn anything from it. I still get caught out sometimes with grief over what I've had to leave behind.

@Anastasia, so you're one of those people whose birthday parties are almost impossible to organise because all the potential guests are already going to another party that night? Or do you roll with it, and just tell yourself that the whole world is celebrating your birthday, they just don't know it? 🙂

I turned 50 almost two years ago. It's actually turned out to be a good milestone in some ways. Hard to put a finger on why...

@Shaz51, you're between a rock and a hard place. Smiley Frustrated I think for the long term, yours and Mr Shaz's wellbeing needs to come first, but at the same time, you don't want to miss out on being there for you Mum when she needs you. I hope you can work out a real solution.

Haha @Smc yes!!!

I just roll with it now. I do have fireworks each year so I always feel special :):):)

That is good to hear, I hope so too. Have a lovely day dear Smc x

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance