Skip to main content
Crisis Support
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Bow
Senior Contributor

Re: My Mosaic

Thank you @Eve7 @Snowie @Emelia8  still really not ok. It's been a really challenging afternoon. it's nearly over 

Bow
Senior Contributor

I’m still trying to process my appointment with my psychologist from yesterday. It went ok.

We finally got to do the blind weigh in. We had been wanting to start that for some weeks but due to both of us being in isolation at different times it was delayed. I seen the scales in the room as soon as I walked in, I hadn’t really thought about it in the lead up to the appointment, I had other things on my mind. But we got in and done it first thing and I was kind of ok with it. I hate that someone else knows how much I weighed. I use to obsessively weigh myself, but after my long hospital admission I stopped and have been too scared to start again. My psychologist will graph it on a blind graph in the hopes to show me that I am not putting weight on, which I am terrified about.

She then reassured me that there was no pressure to talk, but I told her I wanted to get it over with as I didn’t want it hanging over my head anymore. The last week had been horrible. I tried to get it out, but I just couldn’t speak the words. I had tried to write something but was too triggered. But I did remembered something that I wrote ages ago and grabbed at the last minute and shoved it in my bag. I asked if it was ok if I gave that to her to read, which was fine.

She was gentle and kind. Asked if there was anything else that I wanted her to know. I sat in silence for a while, wanting to tell her what happened as a result of that. All I could get out was that something happened as a result…. , and she was able to join the dots thankfully.

She was so attuned to how I was coping, quickly jumping in numerous times and helping when It was starting to get too much. I was so thankful for that, it was a big fear that it would just get too much and I would lose control. She also made sure that I was ok to leave. Every time I thought it was time to wrap things up something else came up, but she never rushed me out the door. I was there for nearly 2 hours.

We also talked about scheme therapy and some of the different parts to me. It really made sense to me and after she drew a diagram I really understood parts of me and how I work. We discovered the critic self and that it drives a lot of my SI.

I’ve really struggled since being home. I just want to be alone. I feel exhausted still and very raw. And I’m sitting with a lot of sadness. But perhaps after all that I feel a sense of relief. That someone else knows. That it’s not a secret anymore.

You did SOOO well @Bow 👍💕

Super proud of you. 😄

Really glad to hear that you now feel a sense of relief that you have been able to share your previously undisclosed secret.

After such an emotionally challenging and highly triggering session with your psych, you sound as though you are doing surprisingly well.

Great to hear your psych was so gentle, patient, understanding and caring. Also that she was careful not to let you go before she was confident you were in a safe emotional state. This is precisely what you should expect of a psychologist. And thankfully, what I have always received from my own psychologist. I have been very lucky in that regard.

Anyway Bow ... go gently for a while, you will be feeling the effects of yesterdays session for at least a few days.

Emelia 💝

Hello @Bow go you!!!!!

I just want to hug you, I'm so proud. A secret shared is a secret halved 🙏✔️👍❣️

As gorgeous @Emelia8 said go gently with yourself 🎀💞

🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

Bow
Senior Contributor

Thank you @Emelia8 @Anastasia  

my psychologist told me to make sure I am gentle with myself and do some self soothing, which I have been consciously trying to do. I crashed last night, lots of flashbacks and then I had a horrible night with nightmares. Now need to get myself out of bed and some how face today. 

Its not at all surprising that you have been hit with nightmares and flashbacks @Bow .  They should ease soon.  Continue with the self soothing over coming days.  Do you have plans for today?

Bow
Senior Contributor

I hope they ease up soon @Emelia8  

ive just been on the treadmill. Going to get out of the house for a bit this morning, grab a cuppa somewhere. Daughter is at her fathers after school today, so will find something to do while she is out. 

do you have much on today? 💕

Bow
Senior Contributor

I'm still having a really hard time with flashbacks and nightmares. It took me a long time to settle last night and get off to sleep and then woke a number of times through the night, once having to get up and search the house cause I could smell something that reminded me of that night. 

Taking care of myself has taken a bit of a back seat. I'm having all these trauma responses and battling with my eating disorder at the same time, I just don't have the mental energy to fight with both of them. Having to deal with the worse of the two. I see my dietitian tomorrow and I am anxious to have to some how explain to her what has been going on for me the last couple of weeks, she will see in my recovery record app that I have been restricting and engaging in other ED behaviours as a way to manage the overwhelming feelings that I have been experiencing. 

im really tired of the flashbacks. They are so draining. Emotionally overwhelming. Some times I find myself disappearing for periods of time. I hate that I keep reliving that night over and over. Was it not enough that it happened and the things that occurred as a result. 

I'm sorry @Bow that the nightmares and flashbacks are continuing. They really are exhausting. 😔  And dissociating is a common response. Keep pushing through Bow, they really will ease up. However, I am pretty sure that your psych would want to hear from you if you find yourself in an unsafe place. So get in touch with her if you need to. Has she given you her email or mobile number?

Hope your dietitian apt goes well tomorrow. Go easy on yourself. You are doing well, considering what you accomplished this week.

Em 💝

Bow
Senior Contributor

I should of probably touched base with my psych on Wednesday @Emelia8  i did think about it but didn't want th hassle her considering the amount of time I took up on Tuesday. I have her email and mobile I think. She doesn't work Thursday or Friday though and it's now the weekend. I will keep pushing through and make sure that I talk it through with her on Tuesday when i see her. I am thankful to have weekly appointments with her, sometimes that even feels like a long time between appointments when everything is so intense. 
Think I will go take my meds and hope that they knock me out. I am desperate for sleep, but a sleep that I won't be disturbed from. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance